AR sling delima

Donnie

What kind of sling do you prefer on your tactical rifle and why??

I'm in the market for a sling for my AR and am torn between a single point sling and the BFG/Vickers two point sling. If I were to get the Vickers sling, I think that I would utilize my single point mount for the rear mounting point and get a HK clip attachment for my rail and mount it to the rear of my rail on the left side for the front mount to keep things tight and tidy. Anyone have any experience with the Vickers slings??? I used a friend's single point and liked the freedom that it had but didn't like the fact that when it was hanging, it was banging my knees and thighs. I haven't used a three point sling, but don't think that I would like it with all the webbing.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

The one I am looking at most seriously for our AR is a Viking brand. They have several versions, but I'm probably just going to go for the simple standard sling rather than the padded sling.

The Remington 870 may end up with their padded sling down the road, however.

I use a custom-fitted 2-point sling. Forward side mount on the gas block, and a single-point ring on the receiver using an HK hook. Transitions great, holds the gun right where I need it, and doesn't get in my way.

Standard 2-point slings carry the gun unnaturally when suspended in front of me, single point slings let the gun bang my legs (they are better for short, light guns), and 3-point slings have too much webbing to get in my way (better for long-term carrying of the rifle, though).

I use the Viking Tactics adjustable sling. I dont use the sling much but the Viking Tac. sling is simple enough to use and not get in the way too bad when your not using it.

Quick and easy to adjust. Nice and tight for no bouncing around or a little looser for @ the waist carry.

The one thing you must do for the Vik Tac sling to work correctly is that the rear attach point must be put on the top of the buttstock.

• 3 months later...
Guest SMSTRICK
a%3EI prefer "The Mout," by Specter. It is not a swivel single point , but it is equiped with a quick release, I have it on both of my AR's. By far the best sling I have ever owned for these rifles.
Guest macho999

I have one of those $5 nylon slings. It sufficiently allows me to carry the rifle slung over my back which is the main consideration I put into choosing a sling. Your needs may be different however.

Guest BigJ45

I use the V-TAC sling by Kyle Lamb at Viking Tactics. It is the most versatile sling out there, instantly adjustable, allows many different carrying positions, and serves as a shooting sling. You could not ask for more out of a sling.