Carry Badges

Guest robert83

I personally don't want one. I also have no firearm related bumper stickers,(well no bumper stickers of any kind), on my vehicles. Wear no firearm related clothing excepet maybe a cap, when I'm at some type of shooting event.

I see no need to draw unwanted attention to myself when I am carrying.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they wanted us to have a badge they would of issued

why do "they" get to make all the decision?

I have seen a similar sales tables at gun shows that was in the aforementioned photo.

While they are not badges as such they are ID holders with a pin type thing in it. I guess you could call them badges. I always wondered why they bother with doing gun shows, but I guess they sell enough to make it worthwhile for the guys time and the cost of the space at the gun show. I have never seen anyone make a purchase though, most people seem to shy away from it. And I take it they are threatening legal action? Funny if thats the case.

Edited by Mike.357
Apparently one of the photos and a few comments made in this thread have gained some notoriety and are creating a bit of a stir with the purveyor of said HCP badges and permit-carrying pouches.

I received a fairly lengthy PM this afternoon from said person regarding the photo and replies. If any of you also have received PMs from this person, please forward them to me for inclusion in our response. I'm assembling a packet of information for review (and reply from) legal counsel if necessary.

Thanks. :)

I'd like to send them a reply... :tough:

Apparently one of the photos and a few comments made in this thread have gained some notoriety and are creating a bit of a stir with the purveyor of said HCP badges and permit-carrying pouches.

I received a fairly lengthy PM this afternoon from said person regarding the photo and replies. If any of you also have received PMs from this person, please forward them to me for inclusion in our response. I'm assembling a packet of information for review (and reply from) legal counsel if necessary.

Thanks. ;)

Sounds like the HCP badge business must be off a little. Maybe we ought to call Bart Durham. (only the Nashville area guys will get this)

Guest ScottD
Sounds like the HCP badge business must be off a little. Maybe we ought to call Bart Durham. (only the Nashville area guys will get this)

Justice is your right, and we demand it!

John plans to attend college and start a business.

Guest tgf600

Those badges are a very bad idea. I think it shows that you want to be a police officer but can't.

If you want to wear a badge go get your post commission.

Guest db99wj

I heard from my friends, that his wife's father's brothers, nephews girlfriends brothers sons grandfathers step son who owned a gun that they make nice shiny targets to focus on.

Guest JHatmaker
Justice is your right, and we demand it!

John plans to attend college and start a business.

And walk his dog in the park in with a slutty dog instructor......

Guest digiears

I saw a fellow wearing a HCP training school shirt and wearing one of those badges on his holster. Can't say it made me want to take his classes.

Guest truthsayer
Da Troof!

:lol:

The fact that a photo of a humble yrs trly caused this mess makes my entire week worthwhile.

that is CLASSIC!

for those who cant see what the sign says...

"These products may only be sold to Individuals who have a Tennessee Hangun Permit. We must see your handgun permit. Thank you. "

Talk about impersonating someone of importance... the guys selling these think they have some legal jurisdiction over the distribution of this crap. Id love to write underneath the sign:

"or.... you can buy them on ebay for cheaper and no handgun permit!"

Thanks for posting that Crimson. you made my day!

Careful, scooter. Words hurt.

Not just that, but after I snapped that pic, the dude came out and said "no pictures, no pictures"...

:D

Which makes you wonder what took him so long to find it. Obviously, he's not on Facebook...

I KNOW THAT GUY! He bought one didn't he? :D

I'm pretty sure I was broke at that point. I scored some deals at that show and had to borrow money to get a set of GI grips for my 1911.

He wears it is a dangly ear-ring...

Actually, I was going to use it so my tattoo artist could just ink it on my biceps.

LOL but looks oh so cool doin' it.;)

You should see it mounted on the trucker hat I bought off the beef jerky guy.

When I was taking my class with the Williamson county Sheriff Dept. They really tried to push the the sale of the Tennessee Carry Badge on us (50 bucks). I did not buy one because I didn't want some cop to think I am trying to pass off as a cop. Anyone have one of these badges? If so do you believe that your badge has helped prevent a confrontation?

This thread explains a lot...

A friend of mine took his class 2-3 weeks ago and then showed me the 'badge' a few days later. This is the class that he took, at the Sheriff Dept.

He doesn't even have his permit yet, but he has his badge!

Interestingly, he has had another type of non-official badge for years and has gotten into some trouble with that one. I can only dream of the trouble this one is going to cause. :screwy:

If they were a good idea, intended, real, or official the state law would have allowed them, issued or authorized them...

Its really simple as that.

Bad idea,and tacky-yes!

But you're just plain wrong man!

Example,the law keeps us from running around in public naked,although it says absolutely nothing about wearing shoes or underwear which we all agree is a good idea!

:cheers:

btw I love this quote:

"We do not recommend or encourage civilian permit holders to do anything to bring any attention to the fact that they are either a permit holder or are at any time armed," said John Harris, general counsel for the Tennessee Sheriffs; Association and executive director of the pro-gun group Tennessee Firearms Association. "With those permit badges, you could look and act too much like an officer and then end up getting charged with impersonating an officer."

If thats not straight from the horses mouth I dont know what is, I'd say he's one of if not the most informed person in this state when it comes to carry permit law.

Interesting contrast between TSA statement, and the Williamson SD actually promoting these things, as stated in the OP.

Maybe Mr. Harris could issue a memo...

Didn't know the TSA issued a statement on this. A Sheriff's department is actually promoting carry badges?