When The Light Begins To Dawn

I posted before about an attempted home invasion. Turns out the victim did have a gun and was prepared to shoot should they actually enter the home. In fact he came in and bought another gun for downstairs and we had a nice chat.

Now his neighbors are getting the idea that 1) bad things happen quickly, 2) cops show up generally after you need them, 3) a gun is a big dissuader to evil doing.

But what if you are anti-gun? Thus this email from a woman in the neighborhood.

[The recent post by my friend on the listserv has kind of made my husband and I consider getting a gun to protect ourselves in our home. He is against handguns and I am against automatic or semi-automatic assault weapons. We were thinking of a shotgun. Neither of us are experienced with guns so we would like to take a class on gun safety and use and possibly get a membership at that clay target place out off Briley. What are the laws on shotguns? How much do shotguns usually run and what are your suggestions?

I guess shotguns are kinder and gentler ways to blow people into the next life. But I do think I have an opportunity to show an anti that it really isnt as bad as its cracked up to be.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wow..just wow.

Rab, thats awesome. Once they begin to learn then there's no stopping them.

Though, like you I don't understand how a shotgun is a kinder more gentle way to speed someone on their trip to room temperature....also a great way to do impressionistic paintings and a good excuse for a new carpet in that particular room.

If you were truely evil, you'd sell them on the idea of a tactical shotgun because of its use in cqb!:)

:)

I love twisted logic. I guess a shotgun WOULD be the best choice. They'll never even clean the dust bunnies out of the chamber;they'd never practice with one of those evil handguns

Makes you wish the street sweepers were legal...there IS the Saiga 12 Shotgun...show 'em a picture of that...then refuse to sell it to them until the take a training class, show just cause on why they need a weapon, conduct interviews with all their neighbors asking them if they think their neighbors really need a shotgun, get a notarized letter from the sheriff telling them they can have a gun...then make them wait 30 days to make sure they aren't buying a gun in a fit or rage.

Of course you want to make a sell...and I'm a mean spirited ***hole that thinks people like that deserve to see what it's like for law abiding gun owners that LIKE guns...so...it might be best NOT to take my advise.

Great to hear. Now I am not trying to get anyone to train with me. But as you know, their is a big difference in owning a gun and having the ability to use it. Make sure that they get some type of training whether you take them out and get them shooting comfortably or they take a class somewhere.

A step in the right direction thats for sure!:)

Guest GlocKingTN

I can vouch for the cop showing up part. The other night when we had well, an unexpected visitor, it took them about 25-30 minutes to get here. Needless to say, I told them what I thought about the show-up time. I told the officer that it was a good thing no one was dying! But in retrospect, he informed me that there were 3 officers for the whole county. And thats why it took so long to get here.

Guest CrazyLincoln

Well, you know, we wouldn't want "evil" guns in our house because they might do something sneaky when we're not looking :down:

At least its a start, and they actually asked for some guidance. :)

Oh, BTW, I want a new pair of shoes and I'm against cross trainers and combat boots...