PRO Gun vs. ANTI Gun Business list

Well, I think when the bill becomes official, people like me will stand in front of the doors and wonder "how many gun carrying people will be in this establishment? How many will I actually see & will they be pointing them randomly, hootin & hollerin?" I may then think, "If there's guns in this place, there will be a shooting because alcohol is served and after all, booze & guns don't mix, just watch any WILD west movie" I might be so scared I decide not to go in and eat, thus retreating back home. :D My thought is simply this, if restaurant owners knew how many guns were being brought into their places now, they might be shocked. Concealment, is that where you don't actually see someones firearm and they don't make it public knowledge??? Well, there you go. I'm all for patronizing places that allow carry. Count me in around my local places.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
Is there already a running list of KNOWN pro-gun and anti-gun businesses in the state?

I think it would be nice to sticky a post so members could pass along business that were posted and business that support our gun rights.

We have one here......CCW Prohibited Locations.....It's one sided, but maybe David can change that.

Guest archerdr1

Strickj, the name of the strip mall is not pioneer village. I think it is Ridgeland village or something like that, it is next to Pioneer Credit.

I think we should start a trend list on this forum for business that are pro gun and have owners post there facility so we can support them and show them our appreciation

Guest HexHead
...so I asked the owner if now that the senate passed the bill, was he planning to post.

I'm glad that one worked out well. But I don't think I'd be having that conversation with a restaurant owner, just in case they weren't aware of it.

No sense putting any ideas in their heads.

Guest HexHead
I dunno, but I am guessing there will notbe very many restaurants post any gun sign at all.

The topic is like a lightning rod no matter which side of the fence you are on.

If I was in the business of serving food I would just as soon that the G word not be mentioned or seen.

I've traveled in most of the nearby states that already allow it, and I don't recall ever seeing a restaurant posted. Hopefully, this is all much ado about nothing, spurred on by a few loudmouth liberals that put letters and comments in the newspapers. It always seemed to be the same handful with the same fanciful speculations.

Guest HexHead
And as unpopular as it may sound, if a restaurant owner bans guns, how much business is he really losing? The percent of HCP holders is fairly low anyway.

I just think they would rather not have guns on anyones mind when they come to eat or drink or whatver they are doing there spending money.

On the other side of the coin, if he does post, we're all going to be letting him know he's just told between 200-300 thousand people he doesn't need their business. I'd imagine when we tell the guy we'll never set foot in his restaurant, we mean it.

Liberals, by definition, are spineless jellyfish. They may threaten to stay home rather than eat at some place that allows guns, but we all know they'll be back within a week. LOLOLOL

Guest archerdr1
I'm glad that one worked out well. But I don't think I'd be having that conversation with a restaurant owner, just in case they weren't aware of it.

No sense putting any ideas in their heads.

I have talked to this guy on a couple of occasions about gun carry and I was pretty sure of the answer. That is the only reason I asked. Just wanted to be sure. And if he said that he was going to post, I was going to say, "Well, it has been nice eating here, won't be in again."

Guest nraforlife
When the dust settles on this, and some restaurant owner comes out in a bold way in support of us and the RKBA crowd, we should make an organized statement, maybe even a TGO-sponsored 'sit-in' one day for lunch or dinner. Get about 50 of us local guys to go in and drop some cash. Just to show our support for businesses who DO support our rights. And by all means...invite the TV news media. It'll be a bold statement, and good advertisement for TGO!

Who's with me?

I'm in

Harrys Citgo on Signal Mountain Road and the Tobacco Martin the Bi-Lo Place on Signal Mountain Road are Pro-Gun as well as the Kangaroo on Sig. Mtn. Road. The Dollar General on Mountain Creek Road has no issues with carrying either. I frequent all 4 of these establishments on a regular basis. The same family is co owners of the Harrys in sig mtn road and the Tobacco Mart as well. They are not affiliated with any of the other Harrys Citgo stores (Hixson Pike and Delashmitt Road) that is the other owning half.

I was in the sig mtn Harrys one evening open carrying and the son of the owner was behind the counter and he saw my holstered sidearm and said he had seen a few people like that and asked about the legality of that. i showed him my permit and explained to him the process and what we have to go through to be lawfully carrying and he asked his dad about it and his dad said let them carry away.

He looks at it from the standpoint of the more customers that are regulars that are legally armed is better for the safey of his business and family that work there. I was amazed at that reply as the owners are of some sort of Indian/Persian descent. I know the father and he is a really down to earth nice guy.

edit: not to stereotype, but the backgrounds those descents come from is very violent with terrorist acts and things like that. that is what amazed me with the reply.

on a humorous note, i was in the Tobacco Mart once and the younger brother was working and he was on the phone talking his native language. he was on speakerphone and I realized he was talking to his older brother at the Citgo. I had no idea what they were saying, but I smiled at him and said what the hell is he doing? Tell him to get off the phone and get his ass to work . He got a kick out of that.

Edited by cadillacdude1975
  • 2 weeks later...

Red Lobster in Cookeville will be posted no carry says general manager Mike (?) after a friendly discussion with him Saturday. He said " guns and alcohol don't mix " ( :poop: ) to which I said, HB 0962 says that it will be illegal to drink while carrying. I further told him that there will be a lot of restaurants that will not post. He agreed with me on that. I told him that his Red Lobster was my family's favorite place to eat, and it is ( the Ultimate Feast dinner ) but I will not patronize any restaurant that post no carry. He said he was sorry that we could not work something out, to which I said " I have eaten at your Red Lobster many, many times and left my weapon locked in my vehicle in his parking lot, every time abiding by law not to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol ". I told him that an over ride of the Governors Veto looked good and that my family will only patronize those restaurants that does not post no carry.

idea about a dinner for the TGO members sounds great...at the place we can carry and talk gun talks and have a nice steak at the same time....sounds like a great place for me to go for a dinner....maybe TGO forum could organize something like that..maybe even once a month or something.....

Db

Great idea. Let us know when you finish sorting them out and post them. :D

In no way was I volunteering to do it. :D

I don't know if the forum's programming is capable other than to break up the area via the 4 major cities, and have a sticky thread for each.

I think the pro-gun establishments should post a (pro-gun) sign on their front door that says......

"If you are a bad guy that means to do harm to the people in this establishment. Know that most everyone in here carries a weapon and you WILL BE KILLED."

Guest SUNTZU
I tend to agree....I doubt very many, if any, chain restaurants will post.

Of course there could always be the guy who owns his own place and is so anti that he will post and not care what effect it has. But I imagine those places are far and few between.

Good thing I don't eat anywhere that prepares its "food" using only Jack LaLane's Power Juicer. :ugh: