Norris Shoot - Road Warrior Shotgun and Etc.

(sorry 'bout quality, all these are from phone cams)

So, y'all remember the Road Warrior scene where Mel's sawed off shottie just sputters? He's me with some (at least) 50 year old paper shells that surfaced in Mom's attic.

First shot kinda firey but check out the second REAL FLAMER and the next to last SMOKER. The smoker, I could SEE the pellets gently arcing out all the way to the ground, maybe 25 feet away - I could have THROWN them harder and farther, LOL!

Here are the old casings...actually the brownish shells in video were even older than the ones in the antique Super X box.

norris1.jpg

THEN, my poor steel spinner target - it's rated for .45/.357 and below, we've shot the crap out of it, just mild dents from .45, 9mm +9, .357mag, etc. So Mike decides to try Garufa's Mosin on it. One shot, one hit - bullet never noticed it as it absolutely lasered its way through. Didn't just PUSH through, perfect hole, raised edges on each side, looked like precise supersonic cutting torch!

norris2.jpg

Closer up:

norris3.jpg

Mike decided he'd finish the poor thing off with the commie bayonet:

norris4.jpg

Mike and Garufa downrange.

I soul searched, and held my fire.

norris5.jpg

We were the only 3 Amigos who showed...y'all missed a great day for it, we were there for well over 4 hours, just 2 or 3 other folks there off and on, light sprinkle for a few min, then sun came out ..

Guns fired to best of memory:

Remington 870 Express Synthetic 7 Round

(2) Ruger 10/22's

Hi-Point 9mm Carbine

Model 922 H&R 914 .22 revolver

(2) M1 Garands

Mosin Nagent

XD 9mm Sub Compact

S&W Model 39 9mm

IMI Baby Eagle .40

Mike's scoped .22 rifle (forgot what it is)

Probably something else I forgot, Mike might have shot is XD .45.

Great time!

- OS

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great pics Mac, that video is a hoot. Road Warrior shells, classic.

Again sorry about your spinner. Now we need a contest to see who can shoot a .22 through the hole. Still can't believe it happened. What is that 3/8 inch steel plate?

Crazeeeee

And thanks for letting me and Garufa make it back to the firing line :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, add a RIA 1911 A1 and the FEG 7.65 Auto Pistol to the list of weapons fired.

Oh yeah, add a RIA 1911 A1 and the FEG 7.65 Auto Pistol to the list of weapons fired.

Ah, that's right, y'all were popping away down at the pistol range some before I got down there...

Edited by OhShoot
Guest 70below

Don't know if you guys want to try some different stuff out, but I've got a few 1/2 or 5/8" steel plates I've been wanting to try some destructive firepower on.

Don't know if you guys want to try some different stuff out, but I've got a few 1/2 or 5/8" steel plates I've been wanting to try some destructive firepower on.

Plate measures just shy of 3/8, but probably that's what it's considered.

There was some question as to what this round really was, perhaps was armor piercing to boot? Anyway, my guess is that the same distance (25 yards?) that same round would make it through either of them.

Garufa had a real camera, following are more pix of the dastardly deed.

norris6.jpg

norris7.jpg

norris8.jpg

- OS

The perfection of that hole appeals to me in a modern art, power of physics kinda way. TJ, name the time and place and I'll be more than happy to punch some holes in those plates.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna see if I can't find some 3/8-1/4" plates to properly "experiment" with testing various calibers at various distances. Any ideas on where to get that stuff in Knoxville? Scrap metal places?

Guest bkelm18
The perfection of that hole appeals to me in a modern art, power of physics kinda way. TJ, name the time and place and I'll be more than happy to punch some holes in those plates.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna see if I can't find some 3/8-1/4" plates to properly "experiment" with testing various calibers at various distances. Any ideas on where to get that stuff in Knoxville? Scrap metal places?

I know we get some of our scrap metal at work from Burnett Salvage off of Prosser Rd. in east Knoxville.

http://www.burnettsalvage.com/

Guest 70below

I'll try and remember to snag those plates next week, and I'll see if I can find a few others. At short distances its all about velocity, not necessarily bullet construction. There has been a lot on the net about 55gr M193 penetrating steel plate just as well as armor piercing rounds at under 100yds due to the fact their zipping along at 3200fps or so.

I'll try and remember to snag those plates next week, and I'll see if I can find a few others. At short distances its all about velocity, not necessarily bullet construction. There has been a lot on the net about 55gr M193 penetrating steel plate just as well as armor piercing rounds at under 100yds due to the fact their zipping along at 3200fps or so.

Been meaning to call the salvage yard all week that bkelm recommended. Hoping they'll have some 3/8 or 1/4" steel plates in a manageble size, like 2x2 or 3x3.

A guy over on the CMP forum today posted his story of M2 ball and AP from the Garand vs. a sledge hammer at 50 yrds. The results are impressive: M2 Ball vs AP Test Results pictures by charlestonchase - Photobucket

Although I do know better, what with ricochets and all, I am determined to blow a hole throught steel. May need to go shopping for an athletic protector before the experimentation begins. :hyper:

Edited by Garufa