The ORSA 250 - JULY 18

Announcing the first annual "ORSA 250," to be held 18 July. This will be a high round count Single Stack and Production USPSA match. There will be 7 stages, lots of targets, and guaranteed to be lots of fun. $35 entry fee, cash pay-back awards. Go to orsaap.com for the registration form.

Note - the title for the previous thread regarding this match indicated the date was 18 June, that was wrong - it is 18 July!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigJ45

Since the money will be paid back out as prizes I think the entry fee is the same for everyone. However as far as bigger matches go this one is practically free to shoot. Most big matches are at least $100.00 to shoot. You don't have to be a ORSA member to shoot the match ar15m4guy. There is some delay to getting approved for membership and going through an orientation though.

I just became a member earlier this year. I went to one of the CMP courses and picked up an application. You get accepted faster if you have a sponsor, but membership in a similar type gun club or such will also work. It took a couple of months for my application to get through the board meeting and then they require you attend an orientation. Also if you don't get a sponsor you have the first year of membership to make friends and get them to sponsor you when you renew. My application process only took a couple of months using my membership in FFG sportsman club as my sponsor. Check their website to get the latest info on joining.

Guest BigJ45

Tim, I hate to predict a time for it to be over, but if you need to cut out early we will let you shoot through on the last couple of stages if it would help. Jason

Guest grimel

IF I can make it, I'll assume this won't be a new IPSC shooter disaster? Can I shoot this with my EDC holster? How many mags (16rd) would I need per stage?

I hope I can get over there. Need more blasting time.

IF I can make it, I'll assume this won't be a new IPSC shooter disaster? Can I shoot this with my EDC holster? How many mags (16rd) would I need per stage?

I hope I can get over there. Need more blasting time.

If you are shooting a production gun (xd/glock etc..) you can only put 10 rounds in your mags. If you are shooting a SS you can only carry 8 in 40 or 45 or 10 in a mag for 9mm or 38super.

I would try to take 4-5 mags. I'm shooting SS with 8 rounds per and I'll have 5 on my belt and one in the gun. But 95% of the time I will only use 3-4 mags per stage.

Go here and click rules and you can find everything you need to know about your holster etc.....

National Range Officers Institute

• 2 weeks later...