Chattanooga

My family and I just got back from a weekend in Chattanooga. We've been there several times in the past few years. I would suggest it for a nice weekend getaway that isn't too far from home. We always have a great time there. The people are nice, the downtown area is great to visit, and my kids really enjoy the Lake Winnie amusement park. Check it out when you get a chance.:poop:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We moved to Chattanooga from Charlotte, and have been here for twenty years. Lord willing, we will spend the rest of our lives here. It's a nice town to live in. About 200,000, but with a small town feel. Everywhere we go, we see people we know. And if you get to talking with strangers, you find that you have friends in common. A free shooting range nearby, too! (Prentice Cooper)

Guest m4coyote

I have lived on the outskirts of Chattanooga all of my life, and I can't think of a better place to call home. It has a lot of small town hospitality, pretty scenery, and plenty to do. We do need more gun shops! Sportsmans Warehouse has all but dried up, and many of the small gun stores have gone out of business.

Guest Arko

Cleveland here. I like Chattanooga and the towns around it too. When I first moved south we lived in Knoxville for a year, but found Cleveland/Nooga suits us better.

I moved from the Charleston, TN (just north of Cleveland) area to Signal Mountain ( right outside of Chattanooga) a few years ago, and love it here. If you're in the area this time of year, I recommend taking in a Lookouts game. Nice stadium, and a lot of fun, even if the beer is watered down lol. The kids always love the aquarium, as well, which is just a few blocks from AT&T field.

M4, you're right about the gunshops. It all went downhill when Ed closed his shop.

Carters is the worst. The indoor pistol range will kill you over there, absolutely NO ventilation (plus, he's a gigantic ass) . I came out blowing black stuff out of my nose for three days every time I went. Carl's place over in Hixson, sportmans supply is a better range, but he's as big an ass as carter.

"I recommend taking in a Lookouts game. Nice stadium,"

That was the main reason we took this trip....the ushers sure were jerks....what's up with that? Most minor league stadiums I've been to, the staff was really nice. These guys act like they don't care if you ever come back or not.

Really? Everyone I have ever spoken with there has been fantastic. I'm sorry for your bad experience, I really am. That's a big thing for my family to go to the games because everyone is usually very friendly. I know all of the players and "Louie" the mascot go out of their way to have pictures taken with my 8 year old son, and sign autographs. Just goes to show that a few jerks can completely ruin a great day out.

Let me clarify a bit. Everyone was very nice to me and my familly, and the kids did indeed get a photo with Louie. What happened was that the stadium was filled to about 25% capacity, and some little boys would go sit in the seats behind the dugout; vacant seats. The ushers would come down and make them go back to their assigned seats. This happened repeadedly throughout the whole game with different children. The seats were the same price as the ones' the boys had tickets for. I would think you would overlook that kind of thing in order to show the kids a good time so the'd want to come back. Maybe I'm misguided. That never happens at a Sounds game. I enjoyed the game otherwise, and intend to go back. I doubt all the little boys who were chased out of the empty seats feel the same, however.

Guest m4coyote

I really miss Ed's place, and wish someone would open something similar. Carters, The Dump, and Karl's shop just do not have the selection of merchandise, and friendly atmosphere of Darr's.:shake:

I really miss Ed's place, and wish someone would open something similar. Carters, The Dump, and Karl's shop just do not have the selection of merchandise, and friendly atmosphere of Darr's.:down:

Got that right, especially the friendly atmosphere part. Plus, it was an easy location for people like you and me. Run down to the bottom of the Mountain, turn left, guns. Ed's a darn fine guy, and I miss him and his shop. Look at me, moaning, groanin', and whining like a little girl LOL!:D

Guest D.B. Cooper

I moved to Chattanooga from Georgia about a year ago and I cannot find a decent range/gun shop at all here. Are the laws, business licensing, and insurance that different here? I can't imagine why it's so difficult to open a decent gun store/range here. If I had the funds to back it, I'd open one myself... Probably run these other jokers out of business because all of you would line up to come to mine. :D