Park Bill on the House schedule for Today

SB0976/HB0716 is on the house message calendar for today. It is the third item. There are 32 bills on the regular calendar.

The session starts at 3:00 pm

Just like the restaurant carry bill, the bill was amended in the Senate, so I'm guessing when it comes up, there will be a motion to either concur or non-concur with the senate bill, but haven't heard which it may be.

Of course if non-concur prevails...we know it goes back to the Senate to recede or not.

To be honest...it is starting to get late enough in the session, not sure if a conference committee is the best thing for this bill.

To be honest I don't think the Senate version is that bad. It makes local parks legal by default. They can "opt out" or make it illegal by majority vote. Some want it to either be a 2/3 vote or no option to opt out at all. Personally I don't think it would pass like that...and at this point the only way to make those changes would be in a conference committee.

However I could be wrong...many thought restrictions were acceptable on the restaurant carry bill to get it passed, but it ended up being sent to the Governor with no restrictions.

Not sure what I'll have going on this afternoon, but will try to watch the session.

Edited by Fallguy
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hat: Dangit Phil. Pay attention in class! :)

ANYONE WATCHING, they should have gottne to this by now if it was on the regular calender.

You sure it wasnt on the message calender?

Umm...I said it was 3rd on the message calendar.

Looks like they are about to finish up the regular calendar in just a minute.

Niceley is playing nice...don't care much for the guy from Memphis

Willing to bet that EVERY major part will post by the way this thing is going so far...The WMA thing is a different bill that has being going off and on for years now

Guest HexHead

Hardaway is so concerned about reciprocity regarding the parks, but what has he done to clean up gangstas in the Memphis projects?