The American Flag is Offensive

Guest SUNTZU

Guest SUNTZU

Texan Woman Told to Remove 'Offensive' American Flag From Office - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Debbie McLucas comes from a patriotic family – her husband and both of her sons served in the U.S. military, and her daughter is currently deployed to Iraq on her second tour of duty as a combat medic.

So when McLucas arrived at work at a Texas hospital last Friday, she was stunned to be told that the Stars and Stripes she had hung in her office in advance of Memorial Day were offensive, and that the flag had been removed.

“I got into work, I was met by my supervisor and told that there had been multiple complaints, that people found the flag very offensive and it had been taken down," McLucas told FOXNews.com.

"I went to the office to retrieve it and found the flag wrapped around the pole, sitting in the corner on the ground. I was speechless."

McLucas, a supervisor at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield, Texas, had displayed the 3-by-5-foot flag in the office she shares with the hospital’s three other supervisors. McLucas said one of her colleagues, a woman who immigrated to the United States from Africa 14 years ago, complained about the flag to upper management, and the hospital decided to take down the flag.

"I was told that as long as my flag offended one person, it would be taken down," McLucas said.

She said the hospital told her that the American flag flying outside the building would have to suffice. "I was told, ‘There is a flag hanging out front, everyone can see that one. Is that not enough?’"

No, she said, that wasn't enough.

"It is more than I can even fathom, that you would find the American flag offensive, in America," McLucas said.

A Kindred Healthcare spokeswoman did not return calls for comment. Kindred issued a press release stating, “Kindred Hospital Mansfield has a great deal of appreciation for the service that many of our employees and their families have given to their country. We honor our veterans and active military through a variety of benefits and service programs. This was an isolated incident between two employees that we are working to resolve amicably.â€

The statement went on to explain: “The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up.â€

And it will go back up and stay up, McLucas said.

"I do think they're trying to do the right thing. I have no reason to believe the flag won't remain there as long as I'm employed."

I guess being welcomed to a country that doesn't have people chasing you around with machetes doesn't inspire patriotism.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MCRAIG

Seriously...go the heck back to the crap hole country they came from if they are so proud of it. I am from America, I love America, and I will do anything I want to tell other people I love America. As the saying goes...These colors don't run.

Seriously...go the heck back to the crap hole country they came from if they are so proud of it. I am from America, I love America, and I will do anything I want to tell other people I love America. As the saying goes...These colors don't run.

+1

Words escape me. Every time I read something like this the semi-conscious stream of profanity that wants to come out of my mouth precludes any lucid thought.

If I can ever gather my wits about these types of situations and put pen to paper, my text would be a mandatory course of study in all the finer Sociology programs.

Suffice it to say, immigrants need to GTF over it and cope. Same goes for every other whiner and complainer in this country. Born here or not.

It's the people tearing this country apart, not the "government"

Rant off.

Edited by Garufa
Guest justme

I find the liberal fascists who hate what this country stands for to be offensive.

if foreigners do not like my country--they can feel free to LEAVE and don't let the door slam them in the butt on the way OUT...

Guest GatorsRule1976

I couldn't agree more! If they don't like it....GET THE H3LL OUT! :rolleyes:

Guest tnvolfan

This woman should be put on a boat back to her homeland. Maybe she could find something there to be proud of since she obviously can't here. THIS is where some of the stimulus money should go -- send people to the country of their choice if they cannot support the one they are in!

I just don't get it...

Once upon a time, our country was a place where the tired, the poor, and the huddled masses yearning to breathe free came to start a new.

Somewhere along the line, it became a place for the world's tired, poor, and huddled masses wanting first world wages to come work and funnel money back to the economies of their third world nations, and refuse to accept any customs of our land, and to be offended by our actions and traditions.

Guest justme
I just don't get it...

Once upon a time, our country was a place where the tired, the poor, and the huddled masses yearning to breathe free came to start a new.

And now it is full of illegal immigrants who break our laws and flaunt them while doing it--and do so with the FULL approval of this godless government run by fascist liberals.

Somewhere along the line, it became a place for the world's tired, poor, and huddled masses wanting first world wages to come work and funnel money back to the economies of their third world nations, and refuse to accept any customs of our land, and to be offended by our actions and traditions.

and that is the fault of our own people who have allowed the "highly educated" in this country who have had silver spoons in their mouths from the day they were born to turn us into a bunch of automated robots who worry about censoring our thoughts in the name of political correctness so that we don't harm the feelings of another when we call a spade a spade--WRONG Is WRONG--but now it is wrong is only subjective--and depends on what the definition of "is" is...Now we are taught to accept and not be divisive and allow our way of life to be put down, and our flag destroyed and desecrated--and that we should "accept" it when our way of life, our Constitution is insulted and spat on--because we don't want to "offend anyone"...I am so sick to death of political correctness--it absolutely makes me want to throw up.

We need to strip the citizenship from the politically correct politicians and "highly educated" leaders who say that we need to allow our laws to be broken and our way of life insulted so that we don't harm the id and superego of all of the illegal aliens and other foreigners and gutless liberals who want us to cow down to them and fawn at their feet and then kick them ALL out of the country and then start over and tell them exactly how it is when they come HERE--they abide by OUR laws, learn OUR language and if they want to be Americans--then they are AMERICAN--which means they accept our customs, our laws our Constitution and merge into OUR way of life.

it is the fault of the American people--we have lost our backbone in this country.

While I absolutely agree with all the statements of outrage...

This story was old news even when posted at 6:44pm.

The company has already retracted their stance and the woman has been allowed to rehang her flag as of around 4pm today. Tons of us emailed the company this morning and gave them heck. It actually does work.

Texan Woman Told to Remove 'Offensive' American Flag From Office - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I guess being welcomed to a country that doesn't have people chasing you around with machetes doesn't inspire patriotism.

Guest BritishShooter

We have the same problem in the UK, in one city the Union Jack was taken down because a migrant felt that it represent a "fascist symbol". FOR GODS SAKE WE WERE THE ONLY PART OF EUROPE WHO STOOD UP TO FACISM. :D Sorry, i've calmed down now.

I believe that whatever country we inhabit we need to identify ourselves, to communicate our emotions through good and natural patriotism. It is a part of all of those who feel they need to serve there country, and it seems there are fewer and fewer people left in the world who understand that.

40.jpg

Guest jos2f

Times like these it would be nice if you could legally punch a stupid person in the face.

Glad she got it back up, but it should never have come down to begin with.

I believe that whatever country we inhabit we need to identify ourselves, to communicate our emotions through good and natural patriotism. It is a part of all of those who feel they need to serve there country, and it seems there are fewer and fewer people left in the world who understand that.

40.jpg

Dude, I had no idea there were any "progressive" folks left in the UK! :)

:wave:

Guest tnjimbob
So it's ok to have a tiny little baby flag, but not a giant throbbing flag of freedom.

+1 for "giant throbbing flag of freedom"!!!!

Guest SUNTZU
Times like these it would be nice if you could legally punch a stupid person in the face.

Glad she got it back up, but it should never have come down to begin with.

And sure as hell never been laid on the ground! :):wave:

I wonder if that same immigrant got a paid holiday or holiday pay for working, in recognition of Memorial day. Even though its a holiday to observe the Fallen Hero's who fought and served and died for that very same flag she finds offensive.

I wonder if that same immigrant got a paid holiday or holiday pay for working, in recognition of Memorial day. Even though its a holiday to observe the Fallen Hero's who fought and served and died for that very same flag she finds offensive.

If she did they should retract her pay. I'd love to buy that bitch a ticket back to Africa. Happy AIDS! :rofl: