Gun Control Advocate Lives with "Gun Nut" for 30 Days...

Guest KevinM

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an entertaining show; but it accomplished nothing.

People that say they need their guns for self defense I think they are paranoid. Who are you afraid of? Who are you protecting yourself from?

She answers her own question in her next statement… :D

I lived two miles from where four murders in two nights were committed; and I don’t have a gun.

See any problems with that statement? :screwy:

I want a sensible gun law.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we fixed it a little bit?

However, there needs to be a way to separate the law abiding citizen and not take away their gun rights but restrict it to an extent so the wrong person does not get a gun.

I think we would all like to hear how you would do that, but the bottom line is as long as we can get guns; so can criminals.

She is hot and could take my mind off guns. ;)

</O:p

Guest SUNTZU

To counter her emotional argument of having lost a friend they should've paired her with a woman who defended herself against rape using a firearm or something. Or at least someone who has actually defended themselves against an attacker.

Guest Arko

Interesting.

She's not THAT hot.

And though I understand why they put her with the Marine and his son, I wish they would have put her with someone a little more mainstream/suburban that she could identify with a little better.

Though he's a decent guy, being in a rural area, in a ramshackle house with a divorced guy could reinforce her preconceived notions.

Send her to stay with a Dr, Lawyer (Patrick?) or someone she could expect to run into in Starbucks.

Oh well, on the whole, interesting.

Guest Arko
yea, i thought they did get a kinda stereotypical person that would own a gun or be a gun nut in a rural area. at least he did everything right and was safe about it and had credible arguments

I agree. He was fine. He's one of "us" too. I just think that it would have been better as a social experiment if they put her with someone more similar to herself. But then again, this is entertainment, not a real experiment.

My guess is there was a logo that they couldn't or didn't want to show.

That's typically the case. That's why all the ingredients they use to cook stuff with on the Food Network typically all have a fake label or the true brand covered up with a sticker or something.