What Can I Expect To Get??

Guest sysco462

Guest sysco462

I am debating on selling 2 of my firearms. I am just not sure what to expect to get out of them. The first is a Ruger LCP (post recall). It would come with 1 box of hollow points, 1 extra clip, a Nimesis holster and a IWB Don Hume holster. This gun was never fired and I still have box. The second gun is a Springfield XD compact 9mm. This gun has about 150 rnds through it. Bought it last summer. It comes with a IWB Kytak holster, 2 boxes of ammo, original gear case and gear, and X2 laser light combo. Please help me out.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am debating on selling 2 of my firearms. I am just not sure what to expect to get out of them. The first is a Ruger LCP (post recall). It would come with 1 box of hollow points, 1 extra clip, a Nimesis holster and a IWB Don Hume holster. This gun was never fired and I still have box. The second gun is a Springfield XD compact 9mm. This gun has about 150 rnds through it. Bought it last summer. It comes with a IWB Kytak holster, 2 boxes of ammo, original gear case and gear, and X2 laser light combo. Please help me out.

We're talking XD 9mm Sub Compact, yes?

What's the "Kytak" holster. "Kydex"? What brand?

I'd think certainly you shouldn't take less than $550 for the whole package and depending on that holster, that could be a VERY good deal. That X2 light/laser combo alone is about $165 best price I find.

I'd say $450 for just the original XD package, and you might do better selling off the X2, holster, whatever, separately. XD subbies are still in high demand, and not always very easy to get. Best price on new XD subbie 9mm or .40 is usually $500 + tax/TICS which comes out to $556.25.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest tnvolfan

If you absolutely don't have to sell your guns, don't. Especially since you have your carry permit! We still haven't seen all of the Obama Administration's actions on gun ownership, and I do believe our ability to easily purchase guns will be challenged while he's in office. Wait him out!

Guest JHatmaker

Ehh...O's not going to be taking (or preventing us from buying) our guns anytime soon, if he even does. The only realistic gun issue I can see happening is the ban on AR's being re-established.

Now, I'm not saying he's the most honest man out there, and I'm definately cautious, but in numerous interviews, etc, he's stated he's "not going to take our guns" (good article in Guns & Ammo about this, and not to freak out)

Regarding these two guns, they are very popular, so I bet you could easily get those asking prices (above).

Guest Major Pain

I would think the LCP should bring more than $325. I gave that for mine out the door without extra mag, box ammo and holster. They are still hard to find around here and believe it would bring $375 easily. With the extras and back from the recall might bring $400.--MP

I think $400 is a fair price on the LCP package. If I was selling, I'd start at $600 on the XD package. I wouldn't go much less either, unless I was in a cash crunch!

i will take the x2 light/laser off your hands and maybe the holster too. i will say that i just purchased a xd subcomapct 9mm for $475 new. of course that was before taxes. with all the extras i would say $600 sounds fair.

Edited by brooksjr
Guest SUNTZU
Thank you.

Can someone tell me how I can become a benefactor?

Click on the premium memberships link at the top right corner of the TGO page, just above the advertising banner. It is self explanatory from there on. I'd suggest joining. Then you can see the antics in the Ready Room, as well as all the mysteries and wonders that are available to benefactors.

Guest sysco462

If I was getting around something I would not have asked. I would have sold and bolted. I was just getting some advice and happen to have someone ask for it.