Free BP project gun .36cal

A friend gave me this instead of throwing it in the trash. It is an Italian made black powder pistol in .36 cal. It is missing parts and the frame is pitted. I thought I might try to get it back into shooting shape but have to many other projects going. Since it was given to me, I am going to offer it free to the first person who tells me they want it. No shipping and have to meet me somewhere in Nashville. Anybody want it?

BP_7175.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depending on who made it, parts are readily available.

That specific pistol is a '58 Remington.

Appears to only be missing the loading lever, but maybe some internals are missing or kaput.

I would be curious to know the manufacturer of it.

Wish i had gotten to it first, LOL

Guest tlondon

It appears to be a A.Uberti 1858 army replica. (It has Uberti logo on the barrel) I sent Uberti an e-mail to see if I can get parts for this gun and try to get it back into working order.

Guest tlondon
I hope you can get it back into shooting shape. I hate to see a firearm go to the graveyard.

Btw, It was very nice meeting you yesterday.

KahrMan, Thanks for the project gun. It was nice to be able to put a name to a face.

Guest tlondon

Thanks for the info mike357. I know I will need the ram rod (or what ever its called) and it will need some internal work as the triger will not make the hammer fall. I will post some picks as the progress goes on

Guest tlondon

started working on the black powder pistol kahrman gave me. I have never messed with a BP gun so its all new to me. first off, I am glad the trigger is messed up cause it was LOADED:eek::love::eek: although I am betting the powder was bad. I have gt it all tore down and OMG is it rusted and nasty. I am going to get some navel jelly (rust remover) and try to clean it up. First I need to get the tool to get the only nipple out of the cylinder. I took pics and will post them tomorrow.