Newsweek editor: Obama is sort of a god (video)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deuteronomy 13: 1If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. 5And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Matthew 7:15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Nuff Said....

Edited by tbuford
Could you show me some examples?

Yahweh, Allah, Christian God (although he is also sort of a triumvirate), are the "true gods" of the current Big Three, of top o' my head. Although them Sikhs, Baha'is, and even Rastafaris think their Big Guy pretty much stands alone, too.

Then you've got the Unitarians, who'll burn a question mark on your lawn.

- OS

Yahweh, Allah, Christian God (although he is also sort of a triumvirate), are the "true gods" of the current Big Three, of top o' my head. Although them Sikhs, Baha'is, and even Rastafaris think their Big Guy pretty much stands alone, too.

Then you've got the Unitarians, who'll burn a question mark on your lawn.

- OS

Sorry, I didn't mean examples of gods, I meant examples of it being said that they are the only god.

No need to show examples for Yahweh (Christian God), we have all seen those.

Sorry, I didn't mean examples of gods, I meant examples of it being said that they are the only god.

No need to show examples for Yahweh (Christian God), we have all seen those.

Yahweh is really the Hebrew God, that Christians glommed onto, reason mentioned separately.

If you mean actual persons claiming to be God, that's outta my line.

Matter of fact this whole tack is outta line for this forum, sorry; I really was thinking we were in off-topic.

- OS