Carters in Chattanooga

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always had a good experience at VOW, they've got honest answers for honest questions and the prices are pretty fair with an occasional steal to be found. Same goes for Fugate's up by bowater, they've got great prices, good advice and good selection on handguns. Skip's is good too, I've found self defense ammo there for almost less than range ammo! Same goes for GT distributors, a while ago they had 4" 686's for 349! J&M pawn is helpful and they've got a good selection but some of their items are high on the price range (especially what's popular).

On the other hand: Carter's was nothing but disappointing. Selection was good but prices, especially on used items, were not and the service.....well, there wasn't any. Valu Pawn was selling bumper chrome Jimenez Arms for over 200 and used L frames for 600+ the last time I was in there and the staff isn't helpful or knowledgeable.

Are you talking about Valu Pawn in Hixson? I've bought a pretty good bit of rifles in there ranging from $60 to $1300 bucks and they have always treated me fairly if you get to know some of the guys in there they will deal with you and come down on price. I've seen people go in and tell them their prices are high and they usually don't get the response they want to hear. Valu Pawn has some good steals every now and then though, sometimes they ask to much for certain things and I just avoid those deals.

It's getting hard for me to not buy 1,000's of dollars worth of guns from Skips. His pricing is awesome.

Gear and toys I get at GT Distributors in Rossville. I just bought new factory Glock Magazines for $21. They are in Georgia but can do a Tennessee Handgun sale for an additional $15(it just went down).