Del Ton Vs. Model 1 Sales

Guest db99wj

Guest db99wj

I'm have on order a Del Ton complete kit (minus lower) and I have a Model 1 Sales kit (minus lower)

Price is not an issue, basically the same price. The Del Ton should ship within the next 4 weeks. They are working on kits ordered in the first week of December, mine was ordered the last week of December. Not sure on the Model 1 Sales.

Here are the details of each rifle kit.

Del Ton: : 16" Mid-Length Rifle Kit [16 Rifle Kit - ML Barrel:DTI 16" 1x9 Mid-Length Heavy Barrel][16 Rifle Kit / Rifle -ML Handguards:Mid-Length Handguard with Heat Shields][Rifle Kit / Rifle -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier][Rifle Kit / Rifle -Buttstock:M4 Buttstock - Black][Rifle Kit / Rifle -Grips:Ergo Sure Grip -Right hand][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Carrying Handle:None][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Flash Hiders:A2 Flash Hider][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Gas Blocks:Standard A2 Front Sight][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts][Rifle Kit / Rifle-T Handle:Standard Charging Handle][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Uppers:Flat Top Upper with T-Marks] (Uppers are ready to go, head spaced and test fired.)

Model 1 Sales: 16'' AR15 C.A.R. Kit, 5.56 NATO, chrome lined chamber & bore; 1-9 twist, A2 flashider; A3 upper; Front sight base w/std front sight; Standard bolt & carrier; Standard charging handle; C.A.R. handguard; 4 position C.A.R. stock; Standard A2 grip; Black

I need to cancel one. I have heard only good things about Del Ton. Some good stuff about Model 1.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Edited by db99wj
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
Check out ar15.com and m4carbine .net and do a search lots of good posts on this subject. Personally I went with Del-ton and just recieved my email that my kit was being shipped today. It was ordered on 12/12/08

Been to ar15.com, I'm a member, that is one reason I went with del ton, nothing but good stuff, except the wait.Not much on Model 1 at ar15. Will do some searching, and look at m4carbine.

Guest db99wj

Looks like Model 1 is quoting a month for mid December orders.....Gotta do some more research before I cancel one or the other. My luck they will both finish before I get one canceled, and then I will have two kits, and only one lower....not a horrible problem to have, I bet I could sell one...

Personally, I'd go w/ Del-Ton. Not becuase they are necessarily better than Model 1, but because there are more knowns dealing w/ them. You KNOW when to expect your Del-Ton order to ship, you KNOW that they put together good kits, and you KNOW they have great customer service.

Being that your wait time w/ Model 1 is unknown, the fact you haven't heard as much overwhelmingly good stuff about Model 1 as you have Del-Ton would be more than enough to make my mind up.

EDIT: Well, you found out your wait time while I was typing an answer for you... oh well!

Guest db99wj

Poak you make good points about quality, cs, etc.

I ordered the Model 1 in February...thought I did it earlier. So that would be another 2 months. Del Ton seems to be picking up some speed, they have hired some folks and moved into bigger facility...Thinking I might cancel the Model 1....

Poak you make good points about quality, cs, etc.

I ordered the Model 1 in February...thought I did it earlier. So that would be another 2 months. Del Ton seems to be picking up some speed, they have hired some folks and moved into bigger facility...Thinking I might cancel the Model 1....

Furthermore, Del-Ton is pretty accurate w/ their delivery estimates, I have no idea about Model 1.

If you got in on earlier pricing for both - why cancel? Go ahead and take delivery then re-sell for cost or cost+ and come out smiling.

I ordered an AR election night that I *should* be getting in the next month or so. The place I ordered it from had some people back out due to the wait - so went ahead and got a second one coming. I don't think it will be a problem finding someone to buy it for what I paid or plus a little more for the trouble...

Doooooo eeeeeeet!

Guest db99wj

I asked them a question once by return email of my order and they responded pretty quick. I still haven't made up my mind on what to do. I don't think I would have a problem building a second rifle and selling it or selling the upper kit without stripped lower.

Maybe if I keep procrastinating, they both will come in and I will have my answer! LOL!