Guns everybody should have in their life.

wjh2657

Influence & memories: Remington Model 514 - single-shot .22 S, L, or LR. My first (39 years ago) and still my favorite.:

I worked all summer in the early 60's to be able to go to Treasure Island and buy my first rifle, a Remington 514. I still have it, albit I cut off the stock and barrel when I started my daughters, then 4 grandkids shooting. (now they aren't happy unless they are shooting my Bushmaster or Glocks) Next favorite would that heavy monster of a M14 the Corps gave me in 1968. Some day, I'd like to get another one.

Cherokee Slim

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked all summer in the early 60's to be able to go to Treasure Island and buy my first rifle, a Remington 514. I still have it, albit I cut off the stock and barrel when I started my daughters, then 4 grandkids shooting. (now they aren't happy unless they are shooting my Bushmaster or Glocks) Next favorite would that heavy monster of a M14 the Corps gave me in 1968. Some day, I'd like to get another one.

Cherokee Slim

My spotter, SGT Rodriquez, carried an M-14 with selector (1963-1966.) We never had to use it (I never took more than one shot!) but it was comforting to know its firepower was there. I carried 4 extra magazines for him.

Guest 22-rimfire
Which guns had the most influence on my life? .

Consider most essential!

My first had the most influence, a Mossberg Model 351C 22 rifle. I certainly shot it the most of any rifle I have ever owned.

Most essential: Probably a 22 rifle.

My first had the most influence, a Mossberg Model 351C 22 rifle. I certainly shot it the most of any rifle I have ever owned.

Most essential: Probably a 22 rifle.

The .22 LR Rifle is the gun, everything else is just extra!

Guest Jason F.

Most influential for me was a Colt 1911. No guns in my family growing up so I was a young adult in college before I got my first exposure to shooting. The Colt was my college roommate's and the first one I shot at the range.

Essential to me is a good 22 pistol and rifle for plinking fun. I currently have 10/22's and a S&W 22A. A good self defense handgun in a common caliber like 9mm or .45 ACP is needed. I currently have a 1911 variant and a CZ75B that cover that. Last I think is a good shotgun that can serve as a home defense weapon, a hunting tool, and be enjoyable to shoot at the range. I actually do not have one at the moment but am seriously thinking my next purchase will be the new 887 from Remington.