C&R kid's rifle?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

real or fake??? decor only can be had for less than $50

Real would be ideal, but either is fine, honestly - I just can't seem to find the right search queries to find them. Any hints?

Guest beefcakeb0

sorry for double post..... my phones kinda weird sometimes

Edited by beefcakeb0
hope that helps.....
Guest gcrookston
Get him a Mosin... Start him out right!

hahaha

"Stop crying like a baby! Your shoulder is fine!"

Honestly, this is purely for decoration in his room, so a recreation is fine. I've just had trouble finding something that looks authentic (wear and tear is fine) and isn't outrageously expensive...

How about an airsoft MP40? Very realistic looking, except that orange thing at the muzzle - could paint that. And it shoots.

Looks like prices vary wildly from $100-200.

Just Google airsoft MP40.

Not cowboy at all but mighty cool.

How about an airsoft MP40? Very realistic looking, except that orange thing at the muzzle - could paint that. And it shoots.

Looks like prices vary wildly from $100-200.

Just Google airsoft MP40.

Not cowboy at all but mighty cool.

Hrmm, airsoft might just work - hadn't thought of that - thanks!

Really ned to be cowboy as for his birthday we're redoing his room in cowboy theme...

Guest beefcakeb0

again sorry for the double post. but if you google kids repeater rifle you get a site in the first list called shopping.com western repaeter for kids or what not. unless you could find a used marlin or similar for cheap... its always good to get a kid shooting young

try looking in flea markets and/ or trading post

Guest gcrookston

Also consider a slide action like a model 90? Rossi makes a reproduction. There is also the henry line of 22s to consider such as the golden boy. A good representative example of a Marlin 39 should run from $350 to $700, while an 1873/22 can be found from $800 up...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Calaloo

Get him a Stevens Favorite. It is a boys rifle, lever action, singleshot that is not too expensive and fairly easy to find. Savage made a reproduction several years ago.

Get him a Stevens Favorite. It is a boys rifle, lever action, singleshot that is not too expensive and fairly easy to find. Savage made a reproduction several years ago.

Agree...Great guns. They are actually a single shot falling block. Very unusual and cool gun.

Thanks for all the options - I've saved them all for reference to replace the Crickett when they outgrow it.

For now, he's young enough I settled on a Daisy Red Ryder. Once he shows the maturity to safely handle that at all times we'll move forward from there.

Daisy Red Ryder

I was given one of these about 6 years ago for my birthday. There is absolutely no doubt that it has more rounds put through it than all the other stuff I have, combined.

I have it hanging over the garage pedestrian door. I can't hardly not pull it down and crank out a few shots ( can stuck in tree about 30 feet away at all times) everytime I come or go through that door.

The contest when people are around is to stand on welcome mat at the door. Shoot at the can until yout hit it, then start counting hits until you miss. I think the unofficial record is 27 hits by a guy I used to work with. There usually seems to be beer involved when these contests happen LOL

• 2 weeks later...
some sort of lever action if at all possible. A 'cowboy gun', if you will. Any ideas?

You can still find good deals on Winchester Model 94’s. He can hang it on the wall and by the time he goes to college he can trade it for a car. :D