Tac Vest

Guest logicprevails

Guest logicprevails

I had a thought (and don't know if something even exists yet like this...cursory Google and no info found) that it would be cool (expensive, but cool) to have a tactical vest that had an overlapping, double-breasted zipper (or reallly strong velcro) closure on the front made of, say threat level 2 kevlar, providing double layered kevlar on the breast area. Of course, molle equipped, holster for handgun, mag pouches for handgun and AR, and even an incorporated single-point sling and velcro retainers to have an AR (or like rifle) readily attached securely to vest while staged for bug out. Am I asking too much?:up:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BillOfRightsFan

Why the zipper, may I ask?

I have a Blackhawk vest that is easy to slip into, has 8 pouches for AR magazines, a zippered pouch in the front and molle strips up the chest. The flip side has a pocket for the strike plate. There is velcro on the upper back strip for the name tag (this strip probably is a good drag handle as well).

I use MALICE clips to hold my flashlight (olight T20-M) on the chest.

BlackHawk-Harness-BlackHawk-STRIKE-Commando-Enhanced-Recon-Chest-Harness.jpg

Guest redbarron06

The only think I know of that is close is the military issue Intercepter body armor with outer tac vest. The vest basicly carries teh 3A panels but also has pocket for level 4 upgrade plates. It does overlap in the front about 4-5 inches. The cover is covered with MOLLE and you can get shoulder, grion, neck, and side add ons that are 3A as well. It is not comfy. Very hot and weighs about 10 lbs before you put anything on it. After the level 4 plates you are looking at almost 30. Add H2O, ammo, first aid kit, and the rest of teh "Hooah" gear and it can easily push 50.

Forget the zipper. I have a side entry vest that uses velcro and QD clips.

Vest001.jpg

It holds 8 AR mags and 4 pistol mags. The only thing missing is a small medical pouch with my 1st aid kit and quick clot. I have my Blackhawk Serpa pistol holster mounted to the front of my vest rather than using a drop leg holster. Its easier to access and doesn't bounce around is you have to run. Also, if you have to transition from your rifle, the rifle won't interfere with the drawing of the pistol. Mounted on the back of the vest a 2 liter camelback pouch/bladder. It offsets the weight in the from. I also have a utility pouch with non-essential/medical items under the water pouch.

Guest abailey362

I've got a blackhawk pretty much like the one pictured above. Pretty good vest, just kinda a PITA to get on with the belt through the bottom with a thigh rig on it too. Figured in a situation where I need a tac vest I might as well have another pistol on as well :screwy:

Guest Bullwinkle

The following is not what youre looking for, but for the $ it is the best out there! E German Para. Vest has build in pistol holster and Ammo and pocket's for any SHTF situation.

I got 1 10 years ago and love it.

These have been in such high demand,that in the last 6 yrs. only 1 place had them in XXX-Large for $189.95 & Shipp, these were highly collectable.

Then last yr. i read that Germany was going to start making these again, due to high Demand, and 3 month's ago, these showed up!

As to whether these were the originals ones, i doubt it, but the new ones are 100% correct down to Markings, so if those are made in E Germany, they technically are E German.

I will order 1 of these!

New E. German Paratrooper Vest, Rain Camo, Military Surplus, Brand Not Specified at Sportsman's Guide

Vest001.jpg

Sort of looks like my old set-up.

Make sure that you keep a copy of this picture (and one wearing it). It will make it a little bit easier when you are in your late 40s and go to the VA with a claim of lower back pain. :)

Trust me on this one!

The only think I know of that is close is the military issue Intercepter body armor with outer tac vest. The vest basicly carries teh 3A panels but also has pocket for level 4 upgrade plates. It does overlap in the front about 4-5 inches. The cover is covered with MOLLE and you can get shoulder, grion, neck, and side add ons that are 3A as well. It is not comfy. Very hot and weighs about 10 lbs before you put anything on it. After the level 4 plates you are looking at almost 30. Add H2O, ammo, first aid kit, and the rest of teh "Hooah" gear and it can easily push 50.

Got that right. All that stuff holds heat and is very uncomfortable.

My SHTF getup. Currently waiting on a mag pouch to be made for it, open top quad shingle with kydex inserts.

Eagle LEO non-releasable CIRAS

IIIA Kevlar w/Lvl IV Ceramic plates

OSOE, tear off IFAK

Gerber 2.5L Hydration pack

vest2.jpg

vest1.jpg

-Mike

Edited by Mike
  • 1 month later...
Guest jjerik1202

i need to get some pics posted but i have a bds tactical plate carrier vest with two mag shingles(i forget the maker) that hold 6 mags each, a mag dump pouch, medium sized hydro, 2 black hawk double pistol mag pouches and an admin pouch, not a bad setup its gets heavy though. and it works well for me, both for SHTF and airsoft haha