Coyote

You are welcome.  I have a FoxPro Scorpion electronic call with a decoy.  I need to hunt more.

Deadeye, good call...I have the FoxPro Spitfire with the spinning bunny decoy. This time of the year the ticks and chiggers are real bad! I need to hunt more too.

Do you use a external speaker with your Scorpion?

I have used the SP55 external speaker at times especially if need to reach extra distance.  This area in SE Missouri where I have permission to hunt is flat and mostly farmland so you need the extra range at times.  The SP55 is a very good speaker.  I intended to call some crows and use the SP55 but the flyaway has changed and they aren't roosting where I hunted years ago.  There are better FoxPro calls that the one I have and I bought the first generation Scorpion but haven't had any problems with it. 

I have the Jack in the Box decoy that works well.  It has the bunny and the coon like attachment with the longer tail that moves to get attention.  I bought the longer wire from FoxPro to get the coon/rabbit up above the grass so it would be more visible.

Happy hunting.....

• Like 1

Anyone having any luck coyote hunting here in the Middle Tennessee area? Shawn, you doing any coyote hunting these days? Any luck? One thing I forgot to mention about the landowner I was trying to help. He pointed to one area and said there are rattlesnakes in that area! He further revealed that he had killed one that would probably have been a record size had he researched the local data! After that...the only thing I could look at was my feet!

I would love to bag a few yotes...but, I don't want a record size rattler bagging me! The thought makes my skin crawl! Can't help it...it's just in my DNA.

I have used the SP55 external speaker at times especially if need to reach extra distance.  This area in SE Missouri where I have permission to hunt is flat and mostly farmland so you need the extra range at times.  The SP55 is a very good speaker.  I intended to call some crows and use the SP55 but the flyaway has changed and they aren't roosting where I hunted years ago.  There are better FoxPro calls that the one I have and I bought the first generation Scorpion but haven't had any problems with it. 

I have the Jack in the Box decoy that works well.  It has the bunny and the coon like attachment with the longer tail that moves to get attention.  I bought the longer wire from FoxPro to get the coon/rabbit up above the grass so it would be more visible.

Happy hunting.....

I have a Scorpion and JIB also.  I have not run the external speaker.

I have a Scorpion and JIB also.  I have not run the external speaker.

I have turned off the speaker on the Scorpion and just use the SP55. Turning off the internal speaker saves the batteries but I use rechargeable and have several good batteries. I bought one of the carrying cases that Foxpro sold and it has room for the call, sp55 speaker, remote and spare batteries. I like the combo and just need to hunt more. :)
  • Like 1