Discussion on posted restaurants

Guest db99wj
I was flipping between 5 and 3, both seemed to be one sided. Patricks is another place I frequent ($1 beer nights, how can you go wrong). I am very quickly running out of places to eat and drink.

Obviously when I am going out to drink, I would not be carrying, but it is more principle then anything.

The owner, manager, whatever of Patricks, Michael Miller, is the head of the restaurant association. He is on my ban list.:P

Guest tnmom2amk
HOOTERS POSTED

Hooters in Hermitage POSTED. Guys...we need to get some "polite but to the point" calls out there to let them know how we feel. Be nice but let them know they are NOT getting our business! ;) And to think I was actually thinking about being a Hooters Girl!........Joke.

4119 Lebanon Pike Hermitage, TN 37076

• Phone (615) 883-0257

NOOOOOO, not Hooters! Say it ain't so!!:sadwave:

The Tennessean is responsible for all this. They went to these restaurants and made them affraid. Hooters, for instance, doesn't post in any other states that have handgun carry allowed. Why is Tennessee different? The answer: The Tennessean.

Guest Fenris

Baja Burrito on Thompson Lane had a sign with the circle slash. There was some verbiage below it, but I saw it from the road while I was stopped at a light, so I couldn't tell if it was a proper sign.

The ignorance of some of the people interviewed in the article is saddening.

The Wilson Post article

One of the establishments listed as "going to post", doesn't even serve alchohol. I'm not sure they CAN opt-out. :hat:

I agree ignorance abounds on this.

...it has also drawn attention to the ability to post (which ALL property owner can do BTW) to some that might not have otherwise thought about it.

Baja Burrito on Thompson Lane had a sign with the circle slash. There was some verbiage below it, but I saw it from the road while I was stopped at a light, so I couldn't tell if it was a proper sign.

Could you actually tell that the circle had a handgun in it? As I made my trip to check out a bunch of places here in JC, I found several places that I initially thought were posted because I could see a sign with a red circle and slash as I approached. But, when I got closer, I realized instead of a gun it was a cigarette in the circle.

Guest db99wj
Actually I'd be willing to bet that might hold up. I certainly wouldn't carry past it.

Does RP Tracks serve food? I've been several times......didn't go for food.:hat::D:drunk: :puke:

Guest Fenris
Could you actually tell that the circle had a handgun in it? As I made my trip to check out a bunch of places here in JC, I found several places that I initially thought were posted because I could see a sign with a red circle and slash as I approached. But, when I got closer, I realized instead of a gun it was a cigarette in the circle.

Yes, it was much larger than the cigarette slash picture. I am 99% certain it was the gun slash.

I agree ignorance abounds on this.

...it has also drawn attention to the ability to post (which ALL property owner can do BTW) to some that might not have otherwise thought about it.

Yah, I've said before that I expect to see some non-alcohol serving restaurants post now, too.

- OS

Actually I'd be willing to bet that might hold up. I certainly wouldn't carry past it.

I'm not certain that is "substantially similar":

PURSUANT TO § 39-17-1359, THE OWNER/OPERATOR OF THIS PROPERTY

HAS BANNED WEAPONS ON THIS PROPERTY, OR WITHIN THIS

BUILDING OR THIS PORTION OF THIS BUILDING. FAILURE TO COMPLY

WITH THIS PROHIBITION IS PUNISHABLE AS A CRIMINAL ACT UNDER

STATE LAW AND MAY SUBJECT THE VIOLATOR TO A FINE OF NOT

MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500).

http://tennessee.gov/attorneygeneral/op/2007/OP/OP43.pdf

It doesn't even cite the TCA reference. I am not advocating carrying past it, but I don't think it meets the criteria either....

The Tennessean is responsible for all this. They went to these restaurants and made them affraid. Hooters, for instance, doesn't post in any other states that have handgun carry allowed. Why is Tennessee different? The answer: The Tennessean.

If that's the case, then maybe contacting corporate might help. It might help to push from the top that they are losing business for a reason that they don't have in any other state.

Matthew

Outback Steakhouse

Strawberry Plains and Merchants road locations

Knoxville

I dont know about the other locations around knoxville but i suspect they are all owned by the same person and all posted. :up: that used to be my fav. place to eat.

Edited by jpruett79
added merchants road location
Guest kdpate
If that's the case, then maybe contacting corporate might help. It might help to push from the top that they are losing business for a reason that they don't have in any other state.

Matthew

x2. And in some cases if it just the store manager that is posting without consent from the corporate office, it would be our counter-play to the anti-guns "end run" ........:up:

Edited by kdpate
my keyboard sucks......
Guest db99wj

The Half Shell

Mendenhall/Poplar

East Memphis

Circle with slash. Text says something like, handguns are not allows on the premises by management.

Does not have the "pursuant to TN annotated...." Not sure how "legal" the sign is, but I wouldn't want to test it, you would be crucified by the media and the da.

I'm not certain that is "substantially similar":

http://tennessee.gov/attorneygeneral/op/2007/OP/OP43.pdf

It doesn't even cite the TCA reference. I am not advocating carrying past it, but I don't think it meets the criteria either....

Probably doesn't it, but I don't want to be the test case ESPECIALLY now. It all goes to intent for me. They post ANY sign, I'm not going in.

Guest Fenris
Probably doesn't it, but I don't want to be the test case ESPECIALLY now. It all goes to intent for me. They post ANY sign, I'm not going in.

+1