Beale Posted Working 2 shot!!!

Guest clownsdd

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest benchpresspower

b....bu.......but the signs, the SIGNS were supposed to work!!!

I agree EVERYONE needs to see how the "gun free" zone doesn't work.

Ok, either channel 3 or 5 showed them wanding people on Beale last night, or maybe Friday night? They were doing it on the west end of Beale, the more "photogenic" end of Beale. The east end (read: The Plush Club) is where all the gang-bangers are and the scene of a multiple shooting a couple of weeks back. I didn't see it on TV, but I'll bet money the Plush Club is outside of the restricted area.

Yeah, all that wanding sure did it's job. What a joke.

Fox 13 had this as their first story tonight.

Beale Street Gun Ban Takes Effect

But what it doesn't say, at the end of the story on TV, the reporter stated that if you have a carry permit and carry your gun on Beale St. and get caught, you will loose your gun, your carry permit, and go to jail.

Man I wish someone had the funds to fight this in a legal battle and sue the crap out of the city for restricting access to a public street.

b....bu.......but the signs, the SIGNS were supposed to work!!!

I agree EVERYONE needs to see how the "gun free" zone doesn't work.

The signs on Beal Street are confusing to the local patrons, they show the standard handgun in the correct upright position with a circle and slash. Instead, they should show the handgun turned on it's side.

Guest 3pugguy
Ok, either channel 3 or 5 showed them wanding people on Beale last night, or maybe Friday night? They were doing it on the west end of Beale, the more "photogenic" end of Beale. The east end (read: The Plush Club) is where all the gang-bangers are and the scene of a multiple shooting a couple of weeks back. I didn't see it on TV, but I'll bet money the Plush Club is outside of the restricted area.

Yeah, all that wanding sure did it's job. What a joke.

You all in Memphis have my sympathy for dealing with the city and it's nutty ideas on crime prevention, given the obvious need to deal with the criminals and not restrict you law abiding folks.

It really bugs me for another reason: I have always had good times on trips to Memphis but don't know if I would want to visit now days (I spent many weeks there in years past).

My local rep posted about this on facebook. This is what he said.

Barret Rich

"This is a sort of a tricky situation. I have requested legal opinions as of the actual ownership of what is known as "Beale St. between 2nd and 3rd". This is the area that is banned."

I told him to let me know what he finds out.

Guest canynracer
Fox 13 had this as their first story tonight.

Beale Street Gun Ban Takes Effect

But what it doesn't say, at the end of the story on TV, the reporter stated that if you have a carry permit and carry your gun on Beale St. and get caught, you will loose your gun, your carry permit, and go to jail.

Man I wish someone had the funds to fight this in a legal battle and sue the crap out of the city for restricting access to a public street.

That article was written the SAME DAY as the shooting!!! ROFLMAO!!!

this part in the title:

Beale Street Gun Ban

Takes Effect

No Problems So Far

way to go there Beale..thanks for the "safety" HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahha

Guest SMZRU275

Best info in the whole article is the info on this "club".

The Orchid Club serves beer and set-ups, the employee said, and cuts off beer sales after 3 a.m. Patrons are allowed to bring in liquor and buy mixers.
Hold on... I just street viewed this place, according to the info in the articel, its one the FAR EAST end of Beale St. Not the section involved in the gun controversy.

642 Beale St, Memphis, Shelby, Tennessee 38103 - Google Maps

For those not familiar with Memphis, this area is where the term "carry legally" has no meaning once so ever.

Edited by SMZRU275
Guest db99wj

What is sad and pisses me off to no end is that this whole story is bull****. All the stations have mentioned this shooting with the same breath of the "New Law's first weekend" and as I mentioned, and if I was not clear, is total and utter BULL****. And if you read the commercial appeal article, they really don't mention the new law but the tv stations have. Ok, I'm pissed and I'm still not giving the commercial appeal any credit, due to past stories. BULL:poop:

:mad:;)

Guest db99wj

Hold on... I just street viewed this place, according to the info in the articel, its one the FAR EAST end of Beale St. Not the section involved in the gun controversy.

Fro those not familiar with Memphis, this area is where the term "carry legally" has no meaning once so ever.

Correct, this place is not in the entertainment district known as the Beale Street Entertainment District.

This is just another example of how the criminals, thugs, and whatever own the streets of Memphis.

Guest canynracer

For those not familiar with Memphis, this area is where the term "carry legally" has no meaning once so ever.

They still have the no gun signs, and they are still wanding their patrons...they follow the same "No guns" bull**** that the portion of beale is doing..and they are on beale, which makes them just as stupid.

;)

Guest db99wj

I wonder what kind of food this place serves?

It is an F'n juke joint. Night club, pool hall bar, They might have some chicken wings or nacho's or something like that.

Guest 270win

I was down driving close to Beale Street during the daytime today and the barricades have a small looks like compliant 39-17-1359 sign BUT it is low to the ground on one barricade...and honestly you could walk right by it and not notice it as low as it is. It is not conspicuously posted. Also, during the daytime, no wanding, from what I could see. I have a feeling, the metal detectors come out when folks are verifying that people are 21 in the Beale Street tourist area after 10 or 11. I'm never ever down there that late! So if you want to go down to Hard Rock in the daytime...you can carry with no hassle or Checkpoint Charlie.

This club where the shooting was not in the Beale Street tourist area. I wouldn't be over there after dark as a tourist. It is not very safe, with or without a gun. Honestly, there are plenty of places in Memphis at night to go without the hassles of Beale Street, such as Midtown. Beale Street is not that impressive if you've ever been to New Orleans (legal to carry on Bourbon) or Sixth Street (again legal to carry) in Austin. Both are MUCH longer than Beale Street. If you like bars, Beale is pretty over rated. Nashville's downtown night life is a lot cleaner than the Memphis Beale Street night life...a lot less ghetto.

Edited by 270win
Guest walkingdeadman
Correct, this place is not in the entertainment district known as the Beale Street Entertainment District.

This is just another example of how the criminals, thugs, and whatever own the streets of Memphis.

This club is on the completely opposite side of Beale, away from The Daisy, Coyote Ugly,etc. Incidently it is about one block from where I work. Memphis thugs... I hate them. I walked out of our shop on Union 3 weeks ago just in time to see an Afro-American stealing an Impala off of our lot. After a 10 minute car chase, another thug got away with another crime. Welcome to Memphis, the butt-crack of America. :angel:

Guest walkingdeadman
I wonder what kind of food this place serves?

It is an F'n juke joint. Night club, pool hall bar, They might have some chicken wings or nacho's or something like that.

probably pigs feet and pork rinds(spellings prolly wrong on that)

I guess The Orchid, like The Plush Club, is basically exempt from the check-point crap. Gee I wonder why? Maybe because that's the area where the security is scared as hell to wand people? Sure, wand the somewhat "safer looking" people up on the west end of Beale.

I've probably been to Bourbon Street more times than Beale, and have always felt safer on Bourbon. The cops in N.O. do not play!

Beale has seen the last of me, along with any other place that posts.

Guest Muttling
The signs on Beal Street are confusing to the local patrons, they show the standard handgun in the correct upright position with a circle and slash. Instead, they should show the handgun turned on it's side.

lmao-vi.gif

Guest 270win

Yeah you don't want to mess with New Orleans police or go to the Orleans Parish Jail. It is best to behave like you are in a foreign country when visiting New Orleans. They don't put up with a lot of crap from out of towners who want to act like clowns. The police tend to modify Louisiana law as they see fit depending on your attitude towards them. New Orleans wants you to spend your money, have a good time, and go home.

If you do want to openly carry in Louisiana, no problem, even without a license because it is LEGAL. Bourbon Street does follow the law in that regard. Just don't be drunk (.04 for those concealing on a permit) when you carry and don't carry in a bar.

Edited by 270win
Guest bkelm18
Yeah you don't want to mess with New Orleans police or go to the Orleans Parish Jail. It is best to behave like you are in a foreign country when visiting New Orleans. They don't put up with a lot of crap from out of towners who want to act like clowns. The police tend to modify Louisiana law as they see fit depending on your attitude towards them. New Orleans wants you to spend your money, have a good time, and go home.

If you do want to openly carry in Louisiana, no problem, even without a license because it is LEGAL. Bourbon Street does follow the law in that regard. Just don't be drunk (.04 for those concealing on a permit) when you carry and don't carry in a bar.

Wrong city.