Need Help Glock 27 40 Cal.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't wish to fire the round in the chamber you may want to squirt a little of that clp down the barrel. All that salt in the sweat probably corroded the case in the chamber more than it did anything to the slide or the rails. BTW, you don't have one of those trigger blocks in do you? If the trigger cannot move rearward it is a lot harder to work the slide with the weapon cocked. It is hard to believe enough salt got into the slide to lock it up but I guess anything is possible. Look forward to hearing the cause because I have never seen this before.

its not a matter of shooting more, it is a matter of religiously cleaning that weapon on a strict schedule. weapons that are carried on the body concealed are prone to a lot more than dust, as you have found out. what would you have done if you had drawn that weapon in self defense? it would not have been pretty.

i would soak the top end in a good quality oil that will not hurt polymer finishes. after you get the slide free and the round out of the chamber, please learn a lesson from this. if you sweat that much, clean and oil that weapon at least once a week to prevent further problems of this nature. maybe you can look in to other carry options, I.E. new holster, new location on your person, or maybe a combination of both.

i am glad that you did not have to discover the hard way that the weapon was jammed.

personally, i would not fire the weapon. it could seriously damage the slide or the polymer portions of the gun or even seriously injure you. the condition of the weapon sounds like a good chance for the infamous Glock KABooM we have all heard about.

Edited by cadillacdude1975

I agree with cadillacdude1975 here and would further advocate not firing the weapon. I'm by no means a Glock :P drinker but dang, of all guns to lock up! Whatever you do, be very very careful since there is a round in the chamber. You might even give serious consideration to bringing it to a gun smith as it sounds like it needs to be completely stripped and cleaned/lubricated.

Update....

I put the CLP on it and let it soak for a day. Was able to get the slide to free up. I found there was some rust on the metal part that the slide moves on. Cleaned and lubed but have not fired yet...I think it's ok tho.... Lesson learned...Clean and lube often....

Thanks for the help....Be blessed

• 1 month later...