So maybe "the birthers" are right?.....

Guest HexHead

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnvolfan

I have ALWAYS thought the Hawaiian certificate was bogus, but the REAL question is this: if one of the parents is a U.S. citizen who HAS NOT renounced their citizenship, aren't the kids automatically given U.S. citizen status pending registration of birth? Or, do BOTH parents have to be citizens for this to be the case? Obama could have been born on the Moon (and acts like it!), but if he gets citizenship because of one or both parents, it doesn't matter where he's born. Personally, I'd like to send him back to Kenya, or the Moon, or Indonesia, or WHEREVER!

Guest bkelm18
I have ALWAYS thought the Hawaiian certificate was bogus, but the REAL question is this: if one of the parents is a U.S. citizen who HAS NOT renounced their citizenship, aren't the kids automatically given U.S. citizen status pending registration of birth? Or, do BOTH parents have to be citizens for this to be the case? Obama could have been born on the Moon (and acts like it!), but if he gets citizenship because of one or both parents, it doesn't matter where he's born. Personally, I'd like to send him back to Kenya, or the Moon, or Indonesia, or WHEREVER!

Citizenship is not the issue. To become POTUS, you MUST be native born, or if you were born abroad, BOTH parents MUST be US Citizens. Since his father was Kenyan, that rules out option 2, so in order for him to legally be president, he must have been born on US soil.

Edited by bkelm18
Guest tnvolfan

Thanks for the info on citizenship eligibility based on the parents -- I figured it had to be both, otherwise, why the hoopla? Suntzu, I agree with your version of the Obama birth certificate from Hawaii!!

Guest beefcakeb0

he would be a dual citizen, not eligible, theres a retarted thread on my fav ppc forum 250 pages long

Edited by beefcakeb0
Guest bkelm18
Thanks for the info on citizenship eligibility based on the parents -- I figured it had to be both, otherwise, why the hoopla? Suntzu, I agree with your version of the Obama birth certificate from Hawaii!!

You can actually become a citizen if only one parent is a citizen and you are born abroad, I forget the technicalities, but to become president, both of your parents must be citizens if you are born abroad.

Guest db99wj
Citizenship is not the issue. To become POTUS, you MUST be native born, or if you were born abroad, BOTH parents MUST be US Citizens. Since his father was Kenyan, that rules out option 2, so in order for him to legally be president, he must have been born on US soil.

..or you still can become POTUS if, IF, you were born on U.S. Soil abroad, in other words, a military base overseas, which is considered U.S. soil. McCain fit this definition, he was born in Panama on the military base. Wasn't it Panama...I think so....

Guest PapaB

Oddly enough, you aren't automatically a full U.S. citizen if born abroad to 2 U.S. citizens. One of my sisters learned this when she needed a passport in the late 60's. She was born in Canada and it took her over 3 months of paperwork and help from a Congressman before she could even apply for a U.S. passport. Both our parents are American by birth. She was told she had the right to American citizenship, but had to request it and renounce the Canadian Citizenship she was automatically granted by being born there.

db99wj - you're correct. McCain was born on a U.S. military base in Panama.

Guest bkelm18
..or you still can become POTUS if, IF, you were born on U.S. Soil abroad

Well that's why I said on US soil and not in the United States. :screwy:

Guest redbarron06

You dont actually have to be born in a US hospital only one that is contracted by the military and one of the parents must be on orders to be in that country. Several of the military bases in Germany only have a couple of hundred folks on it maybe a place to do sick call for teh soldiers. Dependants (US born or not) are contracted through a local medical facility. I am not sure if there was a hospital actually on the base in Panama but this may also be the case down there. If a child is born to a military parent abroad the child is considered a natrually born citizen even though they may have a BC from another country the State Dept gives them a BC as a natrual born citizen of the US.

I know that my wife was born in British hospital in Skullthorpe (SP?) England to American parents of which one was in the Air Force, and she's certainly an American citizen: however, the issue is whether or not Obama is a natural born citizen, and thus legally able to hold the office of POTUS.

Guest jwb68

Cite please.

And we know that's real because...? :lol:

So just to be clear, anything that vaguely indicates that he's not a citizen is to be automatically believed and taken as gospel, and anything that contradicts that view is to be automatically discarded?

Guest Glknknox

Obamas mother was only 17 when he was born.

Not considered an adult even in the early 60's and his father was from kenya.

My opinion on the whole deal is that it says, caucasion on the birth certificate for him, no matter where he was born.

Guest redbarron06
My opinion on the whole deal is that it says, caucasion on the birth certificate for him, no matter where he was born.

That is just what I think is the reason it is being hidden. Just think of all of those places that will come after him for purgery on applications, including his one for congress.

That is just what I think is the reason it is being hidden. Just think of all of those places that will come after him for purgery on applications, including his one for congress.

Politically, I think that would be an issue, but not legally. I once was told that being 1/8th allowed you to claim the status.

Guest m14man
Politically, I think that would be an issue, but not legally. I once was told that being 1/8th allowed you to claim the status.

i believe it is 1/16th is recognized if you can prove it by the governmant.

i believe it is 1/16th is recognized if you can prove it by the governmant.

That's the rub, isn't it? My great granny was 100% Cherokee, (who ran away from the reservation in Oklahoma when she was 12 years old), which makes me 1/8th. If I could link any ancestor to the Dawe's Roles of 1909, (or 1903, I forget which), then I am able to claim minority status as a member of the Cherokee Nation.

Problem: During the time of the Dawes Roles it was not a good idea to admit that you were a Native American at all, so many people excluded themselves from the role.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Obama bash. :lol: