Guest mikedwood
im single so im free from the last one.

got a carry gun suitable for year round right now. and one cheap holster to get by on. but im aware of all these other things that go along with it, but just gotta take it one step at a time.

Guns are like Lay's potato chips one just won't do you.

If you have a small carry gun you will hear or read about a gang of 4 or 6 thugs beating people up and taking their money. So naturally you will NEED a larger carry gun with more ammo capacity.

Or if you have a larger one you will sometimes think... "I don't want to lug that around all day in this heat." so you will NEED to get a smaller carry gun.

Then you will see one in a gun store one day while getting ammo and it's right in the middle! OMG it's perfect! So you grab it up.

Or so I have heard that's how it works. :woohoo:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Isaac

that photo will also be the one they use if you renew your DL online. sig and all.

That is very very good to know. I haven't had a new DL photo taken since I was 21, and I'm now 32. Actually got a bit of a hassle from TSA peeps last time I was flying on business and went through DFW.

I knew I needed to get a new photo next time instead of renewing online, and was dreading it, but now that I know this and just got my HCP pic taken last month, I don't have to deal with the DMV! :lol:

Guest Isaac
i was told you have to go to the dmv then go get fingerprinted, then go back to dmv then get permit. is is different?

You go to the DMV, do the paperwork and pay your $115. They take your picture and give you the stuff you need to go get your prints done.

You go get the prints done where ever they do it in your area, then you just wait.

The permit will be mailed to you some time in the next 30-90 days. I'm still waiting on mine, but a buddy just got his after 4 weeks, so I'm hoping mine will be in soon.

Guest donfromtexas

The permit will be mailed to you some time in the next 30-90 days. I'm still waiting on mine, but a buddy just got his after 4 weeks, so I'm hoping mine will be in soon.

If you don't get yours in 4 weeks or less then CALL them. I waited patiently for 10 weeks and finally decided to call.

After I read off my DL number I was told that I was eligable to be issued 10 days after I filled out my application!!

Unfortunately...... they LOST the copy of the application, never bothered to call or mail... and would have never told me had I not called them.

I faxed my copy and received my permit 12 days later.

Guest Isaac
so i dont have to take the prints to the DMV? the sherriffs office mails them in?

Oh, I'm not sure about the 10-card manual prints. In Nashville you do digital prints and they just get transmitted electronically.

Actually, it may be worth your time to get your prints done at the closest electronic place, as I've heard it takes longer to get your permit if they do the manual prints.

Guest beefcakeb0

its way more than 10..... at work we have fingerprint time sheets and we have to do it 5 times each finger.

if i remember correctly... we had to do each finger 4 or 5 times rolled each, then the main 4 together once or more, and i cant remember but i could have sworn the entire hand, but my gf says we didnt

Guest beefcakeb0
Oh, takes longer to get your permit if they do the manual prints.

i agree. because the electronic printing gives an automatic confirmation, as in whether it is clear and straight, it should be less of an ordeal

Guest Isaac
its way more than 10..... at work we have fingerprint time sheets and we have to do it 5 times each finger.

if i remember correctly... we had to do each finger 4 or 5 times rolled each, then the main 4 together once or more, and i cant remember but i could have sworn the entire hand, but my gf says we didnt

10-cards was just what they called them when I worked for TDOC, there were actually 12 boxes on the card.

It was one print of each finger, and then the group of 4 on each hand. When we were doing employee background checks each finger was only rolled once, and the right and left hand finger groups were done once. The only time they did it more than once was If the card was messed up, and the guy doing the prints was trained to know what was acceptable and what wasn't for the TBI.