• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much. Since it's a right, the state should offer free classes and do the background check for free also. It's not a privileged like a drivers license. But yeah, $115 is the price. I was able to put it on my credit card here at the West Knox drivers station.

Matthew

It seems like they make it all way more complicated and expensive than it needs to be. Corporate america has to get their share, so that is where the majority of your $115 is going. There is no reason why they can't take your prints at the DMV, but they don't.

It seems like they make it all way more complicated and expensive than it needs to be. Corporate america has to get their share, so that is where the majority of your $115 is going. There is no reason why they can't take your prints at the DMV, but they don't.

Yeah, something like $60-$75 of the $115 is for the fingerprints. I saw the number of what that cost was some where on my paperwork.

Matthew

what is the cost for the HCP?

You guys are all wrong...$115 just gets you hooked.

You forgot about...

• a summer carry gun
  • a winter carry gun
  • numerous holsters for all clothing variations

• all kinds of defensive rounds

• all that ammo for practice

• money for advanced carry classes

• etc

• etc

• money to spend on your wife to keep peace after you've bought all this gun crap

Guest TackleberryTom

The cost to obtain HCP...$115

Cost of new carry pistol...$500

Price of ammo and acc....$150

Saving your family's and your life....priceless!

The price of not having an HCP? Possibly your life!!

You forgot about...

• a summer carry gun
  • a winter carry gun
  • numerous holsters for all clothing variations

• all kinds of defensive rounds

• all that ammo for practice

• money for advanced carry classes

• etc

• etc

• money to spend on your wife to keep peace after you've bought all this gun crap

Or you can be like me and have a wife who took the class with me. Now all but the last one is 2x!

Matthew

Yeah, something like $60-$75 of the $115 is for the fingerprints. I saw the number of what that cost was some where on my paperwork.

Matthew

Well the state is getting less than they used to then.

When I got mine back in 97 the did do the fingerprints at the DOS but the cost of the HCP wasn't any less.

Or you can be like me and have a wife who took the class with me. Now all but the last one is 2x!

Matthew

Yea, I am in the same boat since my wife and I did our classes at the same.

On that last one I listed, it still applies to me because I like buying gun crap a lot more than she does. :rolleyes:

Guest jwb68
The cost to obtain HCP...$115

Cost of new carry pistol...$500

Price of ammo and acc....$150

Saving your family's and your life....priceless!

The price of not having an HCP? Possibly your life!!

You have to factor in your time getting printed and waiting at DMV at least 2-3 hours.

arrive at the DMV as soon as they open. that is i did, and i walked right up to the counter and got my number. you can speed up the process and drop by one day, get the application and fill it out. you WILL NEED your drivers license and your birth certificate. no exceptions on the BC. i know i had to have that document as i had to order mine from Ohio. i would cover my arse and take 2 pieces of mail with your name and addy, and even take 2 utility bills if you have them in your name as well. i dont think the mail is required, but who know what they will actually want to see for address verification.

if you do it the way i posted,i bet you will be in and out of the DMV in no time. a lot of the wait time at the DMV is people filling out forms. if you go in with everything filled out, all you need is the waiting number. that and the 115 bucks. dress as nice as you want, your photo is taken after you pay your money. they take an updated photograph for the database right on the spot.

that photo will also be the one they use if you renew your DL online. sig and all.

Guest UTVOL87

I arrived at 6:45 and was first in line at the door. Doors opened at 7:00. I filled out the form, paid cash, they took my picture and copied all the required identification, and I was out at 7:20.