History Channel "Extreme Trains"

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Neat how the pictures they show have that 3-D effect.

Thought dude was going to kiss the camera at one point.

He also can't can't hit the broad side of a rail spike, and Steve ain't impressed!

Neat how the pictures they show have that 3-D effect.

Thought dude was going to kiss the camera at one point.

He also can't can't hit the broad side of a rail spike, and Steve ain't impressed!

Yeah, Steve's body language was "EPIC RAIL SPIKE FAIL" ;)

Apparently, this cat is an actual railroad conductor for a regional line in New England. I figured he was an out-of-work stand up comedian or something. :rolleyes:

There were only 8 episodes of "Extreme Trains" produced. I enjoyed The Empire Builder episode. I'd love to ride that route one of these days.

Guest Swamprunner

Trains are cuel. My papaw was a boilermaker who worked in the local roundhouse, and I used to hang out there with him when I was a kid. He was quite a guy. He could make a wrench outta piece of scrap steel bar, and it would fit better than a store bought one. As time marches on, the old timers are fading away, along with the skills that made our country great. :cheers:

I've seen an episode or two of the show, it was alright. The host was definitely over- excited.

Anyone know if he's the same guy that hosted "Tougher in Alaska", also on The History Channel? That show had a lot of potential, but the host ruined it for me. Too much 'extreme', just like Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, etc...

Guest m14man
It looks like a no. So much for the 6,000 hp steam powered monsters.

my3985_i.jpg

we have some 6250 hp GE still runing around, they are suppose to be detuning them to 4500 tho.

Edited by m14man
I've seen an episode or two of the show, it was alright. The host was definitely over- excited.

Anyone know if he's the same guy that hosted "Tougher in Alaska", also on The History Channel? That show had a lot of potential, but the host ruined it for me. Too much 'extreme', just like Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, etc...

Yarrr the Tougher in Alaska show I was excited about watching until I saw that guy. I don't think it's the same guy though. The only "reality" type show I like is Deadliest Catch.

Guest db99wj
Yarrr the Tougher in Alaska show I was excited about watching until I saw that guy. I don't think it's the same guy though. The only "reality" type show I like is Deadliest Catch.

and that is one of the best shows ever. All these others are trying to copy Deadliest Catch, but in order to make it dramatic, they have to add too much BS. Deadliest Catch on the other hand......is just that intense. All the other shows have to use computer animation of a "worst case scenario" like a truck on Ice Road Truckers that looses traction, slides off the side of the cliff, that is animated. DC talks about a Rogue wave, and then shows a ....yep, a Rogue Wave that is real.