Prentice Cooper TGO shoot?

Interested in a TGO shoot 'em up at Prentice Cooper?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in a TGO shoot 'em up at Prentice Cooper?

• Yeah, sounds like fun!
    • Thanks, but no thanks.

Hey guys, I just got back home from my weekly Prentice Cooper shoot 'em up. I just happened to meet two TGO members there, SheepDog and SteveO. Great guys with cool guns. Got to shoot SteveO's canned P-22, and reciprocated by letting him disentegrate some water bottles with the VTR. All in all, just a fun time. It made me think that a TGO meet and shoot would be a lot of fun, especially after getting to hang out with some other TGO guys at Joe's H15 / H1911 coming out party. Anyone interested in a shoot 'em up at the Cooper? I will say that it should start fairly early in the day to beat the crowd, but maybe a breakfast at the Waffle House at the bottom of the mountain could be an option? Let me know, and I'll try to get everything organized!

Let me amend this to say that I would like to extend a personal invitation to TGO David, the guy who made TGO possible for all the great folks who congregate here!

Edited by Good_Steward
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362
I dont care for PC that much,but I'll be there aslong as everything works out :)

that's what you said the last couple of times we tried to get a shoot together up there ;)

good luck getting this put together - and make sure there's bonus points for anyone who shoots a meth head when they go in front of the firing line to pick up brass

So, about 6 so far? That's a great start! I see some folks don't really like PC, but there's not many other places in this area to go where we could get a dozen guys that aren't members of a certain club in to one spot. If anyone else knows of a better place, please let me know.

I agree, gunfighter. Ton of fools there. They don't usually show up until after noon, though. I figure by then, we should already have a lot of lanes occupied and shot targets up for a coulpe of hours.

I've also found out that if you take on the responsibility of rangemaster, people do pay attention.

:rolleyes:

Guest st33ve0

I'd be down for a group shoot. I usually hit PC in the afternoons on Saturdays, but I can make an exception :popcorn:

I think it would be better to put it a few weeks later, since as far as i know on Sept. 1st is the first day where one with an HCP can legally carry in a State Park. Till then you can not legally carry a loaded Gun anywhere in the park except on the Range, also it is illegal till then to have Rifles and Ammo together in a Car.

So since most AK/AR Gun Bags have Mag. Pouches, till then it is also illegal to have loaded Mags in the Case, so after Sept. 1st all is is fine with a HCP as long as here is no loaded round in the Rifle!

Whoops...I mean...nothing...

Edited by st33ve0
Guest D.B. Cooper

I'd be interested in meeting for a shoot.... August 29th works perfect for me... After the first, my weekend schedule is pretty full until Christmas.

Well Folks, 2 people have e-mailed me wanting to meet on the 12th, and several others have voted for the 29th. Either way, I'm all for it, although I am leaning towards the 29th (this Saturday). I think the only thing against the 29th is that the carry in parks bill passes on the first. I would have to say that we have been carrying unloaded guns to plenty of places that we shoot, and I don't think one more time will hurt. So, let's say August the 29th at 9am at Prentice Cooper shooting range. If there are enough people interested, there is a waffle house at the bottom of the Mountain in Red Bank that we could meet at before the shoot. If anyone needs directions, just shoot me a PM and I'll get ya squared away.

Looking forward to it, Guys!

Alright Folks, it looks like we aren't going to be rained out after all! Like I said before, I'm going to be at the Waffle House at the bottom of Signal on Dayton Blvd for breakfast about 7:30 if anyone wants to come. StrickJ, get yer azz outta bed in the morning!