Favre - what the heck?

Guest 3pugguy

Guest 3pugguy

What is the deal with him? I admire his skill and "iron man" string of games, etc, but what is up with this retire/un-retire?

I don't blame a guy for going for the bucks, but it sure must frost (pun intended) those faithful Packer fans and others who are big fans of this (unquestionable to me, anyway) super talented QB.

If I were a Vikings fan, I reckon I would be pretty jazzed right about now.

So, that said...GO STEELERS....:(

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3pugguy
He's quickly becoming a washed up has been. Wait! He's already there.

I guess I can't blame him, though. If someone's willing to fork over millions, I guess I'd take it, too.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I think his best years have passed. But you are like me - can't fault a feller from taking all that cash if someone is willing.

Sure seems odd to me when these ball players do this; having lived in San Diego (and being married to a Chargers fan), I remember Junior Seau's big press conference, tears and all, then he went to New England.

Like most things - money talks...

Favre is destroying his legacy. I've lost a lot of respect for him over the last few years with this "retired"/"not-retired" BS. This latest effort has to be solely to allow him to take a shot at the Packers.

So, that said...GO STEELERS....:D

:screwy: Now you're talking!

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
Good for Favre. Why would anyone have a problem with him getting to do what he wants? I hope I am in that position all of my life.

oh yeah **** the steelers

plusone.gif

I like 2 teams, Chicago Bears and Tennessee Titans!

Guest JHatmaker

Fortunately, I don't care enough about the NFL for this to bother me...

I'm a College Football guy, like watching F1 and golf, and that's about it.

Guest 3pugguy
plusone.gif

I like 2 teams, Chicago Bears and Tennessee Titans!

Tennesse has a pro football team? Oh yeah, I forget the "Oilers part two" (it's really too bad they didn't go to Memphis as the "Tennessee Hound Dogs", then they could of had the "Slut Puppies" for cheerleaders) :rolleyes:

I liked the Bears when I was a kid; good old hard nosed football.

Guest 3pugguy

It doesn't bother me, I just find it of interest how many of these guys do this - quit, go back, quit, etc.

It wouldn't be so interesting if they didn't get all crybaby, teary eyed, I am going to miss this so much...then next year, oh yeah, I'm back.

College football - aka "lower paid professionals":lol:

Guest 3pugguy
Good for Favre. Why would anyone have a problem with him getting to do what he wants? I hope I am in that position all of my life.

oh yeah **** the steelers

Who has a problem with it? It is of interest that these guys quit, come back, quit...hey, go for the bucks.

But when they quit and then cry like little UT fans after the Vols get Dawg bit on their orange clad azzes, that is when it gets crazy ...(yes, I am being a smart azz; I worked with a bunch of UT grads so I am used to ragging on 'em). :rolleyes: