Practice makes perfect.. bullet seating

Well - I'm learning how to use this little Classic Lee Loader and Ive got to admit.. this is very satisfying. It makes you learn every little nuance of reloading.. before too long I will be hammering them out on the Hornady LNL AP press on the bench downstairs - but for now.. this is a fun learning tool. I've gotten a few shells deprimed, lubed and sized, trimmed and deburred and now I'm setting my bullet seat depth. Got it to 1.210.. thought I would share a pic of my practice round.

img1250otg.jpg

GA6304.JPG

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you only load brass that you have shot from the gun your firing. That loader only neck resizes and brass from another gun will probably cause chambering problems in it, since the case was formed

in that chamber. The only way that I know to get around that problem

is to full length resize other cases in a press. If you have loaded some cases other than shot from that gun, remove the slide and see

if case slides in without a problem.

Make sure you only load brass that you have shot from the gun your firing. That loader only neck resizes and brass from another gun will probably cause chambering problems in it, since the case was formed

in that chamber. The only way that I know to get around that problem

is to full length resize other cases in a press. If you have loaded some cases other than shot from that gun, remove the slide and see

if case slides in without a problem.

Actually - this loader is a full length resizer. any old brass should be fine.

Guest MERRILL

I use one for my .270W and love it. Fast it ain't, but interesting to work with and produces as good ammo as any other method. The Lee loaders for rifle neck size only: not so with the pistol dies.

Success!

Shot about 65 at the range. Had one missfeed (I think its because my magazine is brand new, and had one misfire.. it fired after I rechambered.)

These rounds were at 5.8-5.9 grains. Definitely not maxing out the charge, but I was putting holes in the target on top of holes - really tight groups. Next time going to try cranking it up to 6.2 or .3.

I also use the Lee Loader and I like it. Allows me to load without a giant work station set up. I load for my .308 and get pretty darn good groups. It can be tuff getting the load just right though. I was going to do this for my 9mm, but for 10.00 for the 50 I get, it is just to much time involved for the savings of maybe 1.50 for 50 loads. I do have to get a press to load for my .35 Remington so, i may get to try the hand loader here really soon.

Guest boybarian

My 8 year old looks at re-loading as Him and DAD time. He made five on his own the other day. My oldest just helped me prime 20 for a new load. Just having trouble finding enough small pistol primers.

My 8 year old looks at re-loading as Him and DAD time. He made five on his own the other day. My oldest just helped me prime 20 for a new load. Just having trouble finding enough small pistol primers.

Just saw where the OutPost has a bunch of Wolf primers right now. I've used them in my large pistol and work great so far.

bang bang bang! the 6.3gr loads did much better. ran through a bunch of rounds today at owl hollow with nary a problem. tore out the center of the target pretty good too!

great meeting some of you guys out there today: Bill, Bill, Charles, and Duncan. perfect day for shootin.