2009 Trail cam pics. Lets seem them.

Guest redbarron06

Guest redbarron06

I have been pretty lazy about my hunting are this year. Normally I get out a feeder and 5 or 6 cams around the end of turkey season but this year I only have out 3 and they did not go out until last weekend. Decided to run up and check them today. WOW over 300 events in one week between the 2 of them. cool.gif

Nothing on the huge scale as a matter of fact I did not see any bucks on there that were even impressive at this point. At least 3 different ones that may have some potential for the coming years but I will let all of the ones I have seen so far walk. No spikes all were at least 4 pointers.

Just thought I would share some of the pics and vids.

From one camera. I have a stand about 20 yards to the views right on this one. This is the back side of a filed where it opens up just a little before ending. I prepped this site with some Black Majic. I also got one from that had thunder chickens which are legal here in TN during bow seaon so I will be on the look out for them when I climb into the stand.

th_MDGC0039.jpg

th_MDGC0051.jpg

MDGC0090.jpg

THis site is about 200 yards south along the same field edge. Not really a good tree to put a stand in but I figured I would throw a cam up just to see what was working the field edge. Honestly I was looking to get more trukey on this one than deer but this one hit 250 times in 7 days. A lot of it was where the deer actually came and hung out sometimes for an hour. This site was prepped with deer cane.

th_MDGC0032.jpg

th_MDGC0086.jpg

MDGC0025.jpg

MDGC0109.jpg

MDGC0133.jpg

MDGC0145.jpg

MDGC0149.jpg

Also got pics of a ton of does. Looks like it should be a good season if I can find time to get into the woods.

Edited by redbarron06
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06
Nice pics and vids. What trail cam were these taken with? How does it know whether to take a pic of make a video?

Thanks

These were all done with a Moutrie I40. I have it set to take 30 sec videos (it automaticly takes 5 second ones at night though cant change that). After the vid it waits about 2 or 3 seconds and takes a still with the time temp and moon phase. It has a sensor that determines the brightness kinda like the auto flash on cameras. If it senses that there is not enough light then it switches to IR and takes the vid/pic. You can adjust the time between shots and the video length and resolution.

So far these are the best cams I have tried. The batteries (6 D cell) last about 6-8 months depending on the action the cam is getting and they use regular SD cards. I originally chose them because both of my hand held cams, GPS, and other things all use SD cards and I did not want to have to have a bunch of different type of cards laying around. With the prices now you can get a 2 gig card for less than $25. Get a spare and just go and change the cards out ever other month or so. Last year I had 2 pointing at a feeder and would leave then in for about 2 months. When I went to add corn I swapped them with the spare and went back home again for 2 months.

Just got back from doing some prep work. I put the camera back up in my favorite spot Friday night and got over 200 pictures of just this buck and doe until I checked it Monday afternoon at around 3PM. They have just worn a pile of corn OUT! The salt rock is getting worked over pretty good too! I know there are more in the area, I just hope they are bigger than this medium buck.

ICAM0238.jpg

Guest redbarron06
Just got back from doing some prep work. I put the camera back up in my favorite spot Friday night and got over 200 pictures of just this buck and doe until I checked it Monday afternoon at around 3PM. They have just worn a pile of corn OUT! The salt rock is getting worked over pretty good too! I know there are more in the area, I just hope they are bigger than this medium buck.

ICAM0238.jpg

nice. Good luck giving him a rind in the truck.

ICAM0238.jpg

Nice, if grows another couple of years, he'll be a monster.

Guest redbarron06

Well went back up and checked the cams again this morning. I put out some Deer Cane Gel+ and Buck Jam wild persimmon one each spot. Still nothing that screams bust'em but lots of freezer meat.

These 5 showed up the afternoon after I checked the spot last. Notice the nice aiming dots on the tender one in front. :P

MDGC0002.jpg

MDGC0024.jpg

This might be the best one I have a pic of. I will let him walk until next year.

MDGC0028.jpg

MDGC0040.jpg

MDGC0044.jpg

MDGC0054.jpg

MDGC0058.jpg

MDGC0078.jpg

Guest redbarron06
Best bucks from my main hunting place..

MDGC0127.jpg

Those are a couple of good ones. I did not get a chance to check mine again this weekend. If we have good weather I may try to this week other wise I will be swapping cards out on the trip out on Sat monring.

Guest TnDeerHunter

How about a little info on trail cameras. I have been planning on buying one but every time I start to look at them I get swamped by all the different brands.

Guest redbarron06
How about a little info on trail cameras. I have been planning on buying one but every time I start to look at them I get swamped by all the different brands.

I am using the Mountrie I40. It takes digital pics has laser aiming and uses regular SD cards. This was a big deal for me as I had a pal pilot at the time and all of my other cams take SD Cards. The prices have come down now to the point were you can get a 2gig card for less than $30. The cam takes 6 "D" batteries and even on a feeding sight taking more than 100 pics a week the batteries last more than 6 months. It has a array of red led bulbs that illuminate at night and I can pretty much customizes how it takes pics.