Chainsaw???

titan14

Stihl, that's what the professionals use. You can get the farm boss for around $250.

yep, get one of them, I got one of them. But I think the farm boss is a different brand.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Stihl is a no brainer. The Farm Boss is the last saw you will ever purchase.

The mechanics at the golf course really sold me on them, that and the fact my brother has had one for over 20 years and uses it all the time. The Stihl motor is slower revving than the others, Husqvarna being the prime example. The Husqy revs faster and that causes stress on the internals which does not happen on the Stihl.

(according to golf course mechanics) They all end up supplying enough power but the Stihl motor does it better.

I also have a Stihl backpack blower and weedeater. I never once thought I made a bad purchase, that blower is a workhorse and runs great. I could not do Fall without it.

Guest Jcochran88
A Farm Boss is a Stihl Saw, I just learned something new.

Yep that is what I bought this year. Replaced my old one not because of motor broke... well motor was broke after tree fell on it but after 10 years it was time for a new one any way.

Guest 1817ak47

I bought a husqvarna model 445 comes equipped with a 18" bar and can be fitted for 14-20" bar. has compression release, engine isolators so no fatique on your body, top cover pops off easily without tools, bar and chain can be removed, and chain tension can be adjusted with only removing or loosenin one nut. very easy. I have a 75' long wood pile and alot of yard clean up no problem still original spark plug. always start first couple of pulls when cold. has large openings on the fuel and oil caps so you don't need to keep a funnel on hand. hasa clear windon so you can tell how much fuel is in it. the tanks were size so that it runs out of feul before bar oil. runs 50-1 mix.

I put a post a while back somewhere else and the big votes were for stihl and husqvarna

husqvarna 445 cost 300 + tax lowes