Chambering a Round One Handed

Guest SUNTZU

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is the only one so far that can do it (that I know about). I have worked on this until my arm hurt and it is very tough to do with any consistency. The secret is to have a dead stop at the end of the throw. I have not tried it with a glock but I think it might be easier to do with a glock with a light trigger and of course light recoil spring. But it is very cool.

That looks like it's at the Cherokee Gun Club in GA. They put on some hellacious club matches and their State matches are unbelieveable. As for his loading, very impressive. You have to have a lightened recoil and trigger return spring to do it.

DaG

Yeah, you can do it one handed by using the sights up against a hard surface to rack the slide in an emergency. But to have to have a light recoil spring, that kills the point of the whole exercise.

Yeah, you can do it one handed by using the sights up against a hard surface to rack the slide in an emergency. But to have to have a light recoil spring, that kills the point of the whole exercise.

People that were there and that are close to Rob say he used a factory recoil rod and spring and can do it with their guns.

The next time I see him at a match I will have to ask for a demo...

supposedly he can do it with a 1911 starting with the hammer down as well.

closest i came was having my M9 in a serpa holster and pulling the slide back one handed while it was locked into the holster. does that count?

i just tried it with my 1911 with the hammer back and i still couldnt get the slide to budge.

Edited by broylz

I managed to do it with my beretta 92fs. At first I wasn't getting anywhere but then I secured the weapon in a bench vise and it made it much easier.

On the other hand it was really unpleasant running around the range carrying a the bench vise and the table it was attached to.:lol:

Great. A new way to put a hole in some wall or appliance trying to be ultra-tacticool.

Your statement leads me to believe that you must not be a competitive IPSC or IDPA shooter. Ultra-tacticool? No, he just gamed the hell out of a stage and looked very impressive doing it. The ability to perform that load under match condoitions indicates alot of time dry-firing and practice. My guess is he has never put a hole in anything other than paper. Sorry if I offend.

DaG

People that were there and that are close to Rob say he used a factory recoil rod and spring and can do it with their guns.

The next time I see him at a match I will have to ask for a demo...

Factory recoil spring? Doubtful. I carry a subcompact Glock anyway, the spring would be too stiff to do it. I am saying doubtful from a physics point of view though.

Guest Verbal Kint
Factory recoil spring? Doubtful. I carry a subcompact Glock anyway, the spring would be too stiff to do it. I am saying doubtful from a physics point of view though.

+1

Been wrong several times... but I say there's no way on a factory-spring Glock 35 (or whatever he's shooting). Don't care how strong you are, or if you do "arm curls" like StrickJ all day :D, there's no way you're going to overcome the amount of exertion needed to chamber a round like that simply using inertia. Not without a lighter spring.

Again... I've been wrong before... but I'm calling BS until someone breaks the seal on a NIB Glock, hands it to him, and he can reproduce the same results, in front of me. Then I'd admit that I was wrong. Until then, I say its still damn impressive shooting and a cool trick... but the internals aren't factory.

• Administrator
supposedly he can do it with a 1911 starting with the hammer down as well.

I'm sure he can turn water to wine as well. :D

I've shot enough at USPSA events to know that a lot of guys run minor-power 9mm loads that barely leave the muzzle faster than a .22LR and subsequently run stupid-light recoil springs. It's fine as long as you're in an unlimited category, of course, but it's pure gaming.

My brother showed me this video yesterday and I said then what I'm saying now; there's no way in hell that's a factory recoil spring unless he's somehow hooking the rear sight on the side of his pectoral muscle and racking it on the forward shove. In which case the guy has teets of steel.

Your statement leads me to believe that you must not be a competitive IPSC or IDPA shooter. Ultra-tacticool? No, he just gamed the hell out of a stage and looked very impressive doing it. The ability to perform that load under match condoitions indicates alot of time dry-firing and practice. My guess is he has never put a hole in anything other than paper. Sorry if I offend.

DaG

Actually, I was referring to the folly of myself trying this maneuver in the kitchen around the breakfast table with a loaded gun. Something, of course, I would never do. :D

Guest rabidrhino

I like the skepticism, though find it amazing that just because it is highly difficult, some think that there is some catch. P

Supposedly that was Rob's second shoot on the stage, due to a reshoot for unpasted targets. He was able to do that twice. People on the benos site have described him as one of the most skilled glock shooters. I can believe it. The only time I saw him shoot, he did pretty darn well.

I can get my 17's slide to move quite a bit with a stock recoil spring, though can not do it yet. It's more timing and keeping everything on the same plane. Did Rob have a stock spring? I obviously don't know for certain but can easily believe he did.