Gallatin Gun pistol/shotgun match

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Justin;

Spend most of my weekends running and shooting matches. Buck List has some health issues, not been around much lately, Still see Buckland most weekends, the Johns have been MIA for a while, Russell is back shooting again and Teddy is off building houses, nice ones I might add.

1. What does it cost

2. Are there any prerequisites that have to be met?

3. What type shotgun would you suggest for someone to start with?

(I've got a mossy 590 top folder..not the most comfortable for extended shooting)

Cost is $15 for non-clubmembers plus ammo. If your first time to shoot I will have you fillin a waver. you will needs a strong side holster and at least 1 mag carrier. The 590 will work, I shoot a Winchester superx2. One of those evil black shotguns. I have a 8 round side saddle on the left, a 4x2 on the right and a 5 rd buttstock holder. I can get 28 rds. on and in the gun. Some guys perfer a bandoloer or the 6 rd belt shell holder or arm band. One stage is 19 rounds birdshot, practice reloading under pressure.

Shotguns to consider; Winchester super x2 practical, Remington 1100 or 11-87, Benelli M1 super 90, m2, m4. around a 21 inch barrell is best, try to get a 8 rd magazine cap. Their is also a Russian model that uses a detachable box magizine. Not sure of the model#

Shotguns to consider; Winchester super x2 practical, Remington 1100 or 11-87, Benelli M1 super 90, m2, m4. around a 21 inch barrell is best, try to get a 8 rd magazine cap. Their is also a Russian model that uses a detachable box magizine. Not sure of the model#

How about a Saiga 12ga with the 20 round drum mag?:koolaid:

I really wish folks would schedule matches for Sundays some time so those of us (OK, me) unable to compete on Saturdays could still shoot. Sounds like a ton of fun.

Rabbi; North Tennessee Practical shooters holds matches on the second Saturday and following Sunday, USPSA rules, in Dickson at 8:30 and 12:00 noon. Mid-tenn shooters holds matches on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sundays down in Manchester. Volunteer Pistol club in Brush Creek holds IDPA matches on 2nd and 4th Sundays at 1:00pm.

I'm a regular at Brush Creek so well familiar with that great club.

I've been to Manchester. It is a longer drive for me and I thought they had gone over to IPSC.

I've never been to the Dickson Club. Might have to try them out.

You left out whatever club it is that meets Mon at 6pm at Second Amendment Arms in Springfield.

Randy White and Rob Bell hold IDPA type matches on Monday nights around 6:00 pm, it is really not a club, just a bunch of guys that like shooting.

Robert,

Do they still shoot Shotgun every other week? How do they provide the scores? I talked to someone at the shop awhile back and they said they were considering doing a website. How many shooters do they normally have?

I have been threatning to go for a while but have yet to make it.

Thanks,

Mike

I'm planning on attending...if my shoulder heals :-) I hadn't shot 12 gauge from the shoulder in quite a while. First two rounds were shot "loose" from the shoulder...now...

O U C H...my damn shoulder is SORE, bruised...ugh.

I guess I could go Rambo style and use the pistol grip:-)

That was a TON of fun. I did better than I thought.

Everyone who's into shooting should try IDPA at least once.

Thanks to ZZRguy, Robert and everyone else who made the new guys feel welcome, gave us tips and reminded us that is was more about fun.