Thinking of buying a Mosin

I was more curious with why the seemingly big desire to own one? I'm not going to bash on any men/women guns but I just don't get the "craze" to own one. I suspect the price drives the desire.

I take it that you've never shot one. My wife thinks I'm going a little crazy because I pull it out the safe almost daily since I bought it. I will admit, I love shooting my Mosin. It is a great conversation starter at the range. I think I even like it over my AR15's.

...And I'll love it even more when I figure out how to mount an IR laser to it for some night shoots.

Edited by LA_357SIG
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're fun to shoot. The recoil will wear you out after a while but a Mosin will put holes in a steel plate at 100 yards. AR's and AK' will not.

SS109 will penetrate a 1/4" steel plate @ well past 100 yards.

I shot 60+ rounds out of my Mosin in I setting (148gr though) and felt no more sore than after I do 50 or so push-ups weeks apart. :cool: Heck, my 9 y/o even took a couple of shots from it...Once...(no desire since)

I find alot of folks who feel it has too much recoil usually are shooting from the bench.:drama:

No rifle I own feels better to shoot than my Mosin. It might just be the steel wool buffed helmsman spar urethane finish I redid my stock with.

Well I guess it helped me with some info if I wanted to know about the rifle.

I was more curious with why the seemingly big desire to own one? I'm not going to bash on any men/women guns but I just don't get the "craze" to own one. I suspect the price drives the desire.

I am thinking you did not read the thread. it is full of why people own them. The craze or whatever you want to call it.

Where else can you get a Nazi killer for under 100 buck?

Guest GunTroll
I am thinking you did not read the thread. it is full of why people own them. The craze or whatever you want to call it.

Where else can you get a Nazi killer for under 100 buck?

I am thinking I said I did so ......

Don't take offense by my lack of interest in this rifle. To each their own. Enjoy yours!