Report Card... For those who attended the Second or None event today

• Administrator

IF YOU ATTENDED the Second or None event today, I would like to hear your comments on the event -- particularly anything that might help us make the event better next year. Suggestions or constructive criticisms most gladly welcomed.

I will do my best to make sure that comments harvested from this thread reach the appropriate parties. I'll leave it open for a few days then close it and compile the results.

Thanks! ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying this to be a 'homer', but honestly my few complaints are 'victim of it's own success' type of things. It was a hike back up to the event from where we parked, because there were tons of people and all the close spots were full. We wound up walking from the Barrett facility. Likewise, it was pretty packed and hard to move around inside the OutPost due to the volume of people.

Overall, pretty good. The weather could've been better, but not much y'all could do about that.

How about a set time for TGO members to meet so we don't have to chase name tags.

Great first effort, the speakers I heard were excellent and everything seemed to be well organized.

Darn that global warming, it was rather balmy today, wasn't it.

How about a set time for TGO members to meet so we don't have to chase name tags.

I'd second that emotion.

I really appreciated what was done today. I couldn't stay for it all, either, but hit it pretty early and came back later. It actually did warm up! ;) A big thanks to all those who set this up. I felt the emphasis was right where it needed to be.

Two thumbs up from this peanut gallery. (and I finally picked up a "subdued" hat:D )

Guest hoss6175

From what I saw this event was a huge sucess(people out the wazzoo). David you and the Team did a bang up job Thanks. Cold and Wet it seems the weather didn't matter as you could tell tons of people will come out for recognition of 2nd Ammendent rights. Wanted to meet more TGO's maybe next meeting looking forward to it hope we don't wait a year.

The wife and I had a great time. :) The shuttle was a great idea, especially with the weather. I agree with an earlier date (of course we never know what the weather will be). I guess then we can complain about the heat? :) I don't remember the lady's name who sang at the end, but maybe have something like that during the intermission? I also like the idea for TGO'ers to meet, maybe before official start of the event? I consider it a great start for a first time event.

David,

First of all I think that you, The Outpost, Barrett and the other sponsors deserve a heart felt Thank you! Definitely don’t want to forget the Sheriffs deputy who had the thankless job of directing traffic and the Junior ROTC cadets helping with parking etc.

In some ways the weather might have been a blessing. I think good weather might have boosted attendance so much that the resultant space and parking problems might have become a major issue.

Don’t know exactly how to define “better” since TGO and all of the sponsors did a “bang up” job. But, I’ll assume one goal would be to attract even more people interested in the 2nd amendment and to gather increased media attention / political clout.

So:

I do not know how the rally was advertised other than on TGO but if you had some people volunteer as “Regional” coordinators maybe getting the word out to their local gun shops and clubs might boost attendance/interest. Does Tennessee have a firearms dealers association?

Some thought might be given to how to set up communications for people from significant distances who want to “car pool” with someone living in their area.

Also, as was mentioned by one of the speakers, next year is an “election year”. I have to believe that conservative politicians at all levels are going to be very interested in being there.. I see the potential for booths ( to defray costs), increased media coverage etc.

I certainly don’t know the demographics of TGO but maybe some member(s) has done something like this before and could chime in.

Just my 2 cents and in no way detracting from an amazing event !!

Thanks for all that you do,

Bob

Guest Gun Geek

The event was great even though the weather was not. But who expected Tennessee to completely skip Fall and go straight to Winter. Sooner is definitely a good thing. Even if it were earlier this year it probably still would have been raining as we have gotten a lot of rain but at least it would not have been cold. Once again nobody could have predicted this weather.

As another mentioned it was really hard to move, if you actually wanted to look at firearms or gear in the store. From what I saw a lot of the jumble inside were people who went in and were talking in groups. Not that talking with like minded people is a bad thing but there was more room outside for that. I know that people were trying to get warm as well so I understand that too.

Other than that the event was great. Once again thank you for putting it on.

Very, very well done for a first effort. I'd expected it to be good and it exceeded my expectations.

Since next year is an election year I'd suggest getting all the planning completed early. Many politicians will have commitments so having a firm date early on will help them with scheduling. Also, a schedule of events and a list of vendors and entertainment would make promotion easier.

How about a website dedicated to the event? It can have the latest updates as they become available. Include the website info in all promotions. Send press releases to as many newspapers as possible, especially in smaller cities like Cookeville, McMinnville and Crossville.

While the weather was not great I will not complain about it. I came prepared for it just as I do when I go to a football game in the late fall. I go to UT games and Titans games when it's a lot worse that today and will sit out in it for 4 or 5 hours just as many of you guys do or maybe sitting in a tree stand waiting for a deer. This is much more important. Same goes for the walk. I too parked in front of Barrett's. There was a shuttle running the entire time which was a great idea. I walk farther than that to those games.The rain prevented the lot directly next to the event from being used.

I had to leave as the intermission began so I didn't get to see the last half of the program but I was very pleased with the part that I did see. I would have loved to have stayed for the whole event.

I would have liked to see some question and answer sessions with some of them like Sen. Jackson. I did get to introduce myself to him and he remembered me from some of the emails that I traded with him over the last 6 or 8 months. He is a class guy even if he is a Dem. but that was today's message wasn't it, working toward a common goal in a bipartisan manner whether someone is a Dem. or Republican or independent or anything else. The goal must be to preserve the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and our great country.

It would have been nice to see some reps from the NRA and GOA with a tent there. Maybe some of the gun manufacturers reps set up outside with their tents. Even the TFA.

Overall I thought that it was a HUGE success and for a first time event I thought that everyone involved did a first class job and had the bases covered. Thanks to all of the organizers!!!!

:) :)

Guest HexHead

As far as the event went, I thought it had a great turnout. I was slightly disappointed at the lack of open-carriers today. All in all, I counted less than 10 between 12:00 - 1:30 (the time I was there). It's not so much a "because you can" argument as much as it being a need to remind the public that firearms aren't some taboo subject that need to be hidden away from the public eye. People need to be accustomed, educated, and familiar with firearms and the rights they have as citizens to use them.

Great, another Kwikernu. Here we go again. :rant:

I was over @ the gas station across the street (wanted to buy gloves, couldn't move inside of the Outpost). I heard a guy ask a women what was going "over there". Her response, "It's some gun show rally thing, bunch of crazy people walking around with their guns hanging out, kinda scary aint it? All those guns around."

At least the guy shrugged her off.

I was over @ the gas station across the street (wanted to buy gloves, couldn't move inside of the Outpost). I heard a guy ask a women what was going "over there". Her response, "It's some gun show rally thing, bunch of crazy people walking around with their guns hanging out, kinda scary aint it? All those guns around."

Ignorant.......ahh.........witch!

Guest Gun Geek

Note to self do not buy gas from that gas station across from Outpost.

Guest Straight Shooter

The three of us that went,all of us cc-ing,thought it was great,loved the shuttle. My question is this: I email channels 2,4,5 last night,asking why they did not cover the event. Channel 4,to their credit,had an reply this morning,saying they knew nothing about it,and would have covered it had they known. Did anyone contact the media at all? If so,let me know,Ill tell channel 4. Id love to know if they are telling the truth or not.