Mossin storage and Gunzilla

Guest HCRoadie

Guest HCRoadie

I have several Mosin Nagants and a Romak III. I've been using Gunzilla on the bolts, actions, and in the pipes for long term, three weeks or more, storage. This Gunzilla stuff is strange. After a few weeks it turns a rusty brown. The first time I took a gun out after about a month of being "preserved" in this swill, I thought the gun was toast. It looked like the whole action and bolt were in a rusty soup. After wiping off a few parts I did not find any rust, but the solvent did increase in viscosity, and turned from almost clear to a watered down cola color. The gun, as it turns out is fine. Gunzilla cleans as well as Hoppes 9 does. What do you guys and gals use for semi long or long term storage of these older weapons? Also, How has Gunzzila treated you? Thanks in advance

Edited by HCRoadie
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HCRoadie
I've used GunZilla on some handguns, no problems with it, and no brown stuff.

Could the GunZilla be dissolving the remnants of cosmoline on the rifles?

I was thinking the same, that it is the cosmoline. But I clean the snot out of these things. And I HAVE found Gunzilla to turn brown in newer guns. It does not get heavier the way it does in the Mosin, but I use very very little of it in the new weapons, and they are not stored up as long.

I use gunzilla with all my weapons. I have found similar red stuff in the fluid. I don't use much, but I was wondering if it could be the micro corrosive stuff from the original ammo. I'm currently using it in an 03-A3. Just to test my theory.

I have found no problems with the weapon using gunzilla.

any other theories?