Howdy folks, from Smyrna

Hi Guys,

My name is James, and I am an addict.... :P

I've been a regular on the Smith & Wesson forum for a couple years, and just found this board. Cool place!! I'm mostly a wheelgun guy, but have a few evil black guns, too. Weekends usually find me either at On Target in Murfreesboro, or at a friend's place out in the country shootin' stuff up. I'm hoping to start finding a way to begin competitive shooting early next year. I am a CCW licensee and soon to be NRA member.

I'm 25, recently married, and own an insurance agency here in Smyrna. Other hobbies/things I do include guitars and basses, outreach ministries at my church, saltwater reef tanks, and sports cars.

Thanks for lettin' me join up, and I look forward to meeting some of you!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Todd@CIS

From one new guy to another, welcome James!

BTW, shameless plug...James and his office have been a pleasure to do business with.

If you find yourself with insurance needs, we highly recommend him.

Thanks Todd!!! I was really excited to see you guys on this board. Another shameless plug back at ya!! CIS is a great outfit, and I'm planning on attending some of their defensive pistol and carbine classes as soon as I work up some extra dough!

Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome!

How big is your tank? I have a little 24g nano that I would like to get some corals into, but I want to get rid of this damn cyano first :D.

Funny you should ask! Actually, I don't have a tank right now, but when I did I was running a 29g bowfront quarantine tank and a 55g reef with about 70 corals, 2 starfish, shrimp, scallops, snails, crabs, etc... and like 5 fish.

I kept the fish mainly so other people wouldn't say "where's your fish?" I'd be perfectly happy with just corals and a cleaning crew. :)

Have you found reefcentral.com yet? Awesome place with literally thousands of members around the world, and all the top experts have articles tehre you can read. There is also a Middle Tennessee Reef Club. For like $20/yr you get 10% off at aquatic critter and some others. Plus, the monthly meets are the best way to get corals! I've been out of it for like 2 years, but I just talked to Angela awhile ago (another member of the club) and she says things are going well. Check it out! I hope to be back in the saltwater game in another year or two.

I dumped everything I have into this insurance agency I started, and if you know anything about insurance, it takes a few years before you see any real money. I'm just past 1 year into it and finally breaking even, so I'm ahead of the curve, but it's still a really sucky curve!! :)

Best of luck getting rid of that cyano. I was fortunate enough to never have that problem. Nanos are awesome! When I do start again, I want to go with their 24g deluxe halide kit and put it in my office. :D Post a pic of your tank! I'll go dig around and try to find one of my old tank.

This was the 55 about a week after I set it up. All the corals were tiny frags and you can't even make most of them out yet.

DSC01703.jpg

One of my all-time favorite zoos...

DSC01946.jpg

Always liked this pic...

DSC01481.bmp

Side shot of the 29 before I got the 55 and made the 29 the QT

DSC01469.bmp

That's about all I have uploaded on photobucket. =)

I had a 55g and it was a bit much for me so I downsized. Actually I still have the tank, someday I'll get around to selling it. Don't have any pics of the current tanks oddly enough, just some LR and two black oce clowns at the moment anyway. I've been away for a couple days the the cyano is really out of control now so I'm gonna scrub up and do a water change then I'll get some pics.

I am on reefcentral, but I'm on NanoReef more often. Im also technically a member of the East Tennessee reef club but I haven't been to a meet since February...so I guess I'm not really member anymore lol.