Carroll County to Consider Opting Out of State Park Carry Law - Monday Nov 9

NRA-ILA :: Tennessee: Carroll County to Consider Opting Out of State Park Carry Law!

On Monday, November 9, the Carroll County Commission will consider a resolution that would ban the possession of firearms in county parks, even by those possessing Right-to-Carry permits.

The meeting will be held at 7:00 P.M in the County Office Building located at 625 High St., Suite 101 in Huntingdon.

The meeting will be open to the public and to public comment; however, you must get there early if you would like to speak. It is imperative that you attend the meeting to voice your opposition to this resolution in an effort to protect your right to self-defense.

If you are unable to attend, please contact Carroll County Mayor Kenny McBride and the Carroll County Commission at 731-986-1936, by e-mail at kmcbride@carroll.tn.org, or by fax at 731-986-1935.

Carroll County Commissioners:

Harold Vinson

Joel Washburn

GaylonSydnor

Harold Baker

Randy Long

John Robinson

Jimmy McClure

Marsha Bunn Barger

Larry Spencer

Ben Surber

Bobby Argo

Steve Parker

Walter Butler

T. Goodwin

John Mann

Ronnie Murphy

LeRendaScarbrough

Johnny Blount

Wayne Kirk

Jerry White

Anyone going?

I'm going to try my best, although I admit not sure if I'll speak or not.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will attend if I can rearrange my work schedule. Not sure that an "outsider" will be allowed to speak, but if someone would yield their time, I would be glad to voice my thoughts, with facts and figures to back them up. However, it is always better to have local speakers.

If Carrol County Residents want to preclude having a "gun free" Park system, I suggest that they call their friends and acquaintances and muster a reasoned, polite phone and e-mail response to their Commissioners and the County Mayor today. Not sure when the schedule was set for this meeting, but I only found out through the NRA-ILA on Friday. Secondly, it would be good to have the chamber packed with supporters.

The resolution was tabled by an 18-0 vote.

According to the county mayor since it was not removed from the table in this meeting it is done and the issue would have to be introduced from scratch again. He didn't think that would happen.

Was good to finally meet you Worriedman.

It was apparent that the vast majority of those in attendance were in favor of allowing the licensed, legal citizens to bear arms on County Property. Good solid, down to earth folks with the right approach to the issue. All the speakers were in favor of tabling the resolution. The County Executive seemed to be on the right side of the issue from the onset, and is to be commended on his efforts on behalf of the Citizens of Carroll County.

I have been involved in several of these, and can honestly way this one was the most enjoyable so far!

Fallguy, it was my pleasure to make your acquaintance in person as well. I look forward to continuing to do our good work in the West TN area.