Argentine Colt 1911

Guest SUNTZU

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you got one of them any way!

The reason I asked was I posted about one of those Systemas over at Randy's Guns a couple of months ago. Which reminds me. I need to go another round to all the gun shops and see what new old items are on the shelves. Man, I'm getting the hankering for a new to me firearm bad!

Well you got one of them any way!

The reason I asked was I posted about one of those Systemas over at Randy's Guns a couple of months ago. Which reminds me. I need to go another round to all the gun shops and see what new old items are on the shelves. Man, I'm getting the hankering for a new to me firearm bad!

I'm glad you did the circuit, because I LOVE my 1911! :rolleyes:

So that's the one! How does it shoot?

I haven't had a chance to shoot it at the range, but I have hit rotten stumps with it with ease at my friends place. I just put part of a mag through it. I'm hoping to get out and shoot it enough to do a range report in the near future. I'm kind of busy with BS at the moment.

I've found that 1911s tend to be a little tight out of the box. They need to be broke in. Once they are broke in though, they run fine. However my plastic has always ran flawlessly. Still there is just something about a 1911... Once you go there, it's hard to turn away!

Truat! It's funny how all my favorite guns are his designs. I had a Hi-Power that I loved until it got stolen in a burglary. I also have an Auto 5 12 gauge that is a fantastic shotgun. Bit heavy to carry for any length of time, but it's a shooter!!!

Truat! It's funny how all my favorite guns are his designs. I had a Hi-Power that I loved until it got stolen in a burglary. I also have an Auto 5 12 gauge that is a fantastic shotgun. Bit heavy to carry for any length of time, but it's a shooter!!!

I have a copy of the A5. Love it! :rolleyes:

just because you now have a real .45 does not mean Mark will stop making fun of your tuppergun.

Your the man with the melted down toaster, so don't talk to me about tupperguns. :rolleyes: I know, Mark won't let it go. It was funny the last time at his place when everyone shooting had repeated failures. I didn't fire my Glock, since I had defensive ammo only, but it was funny.

The only time I had a FTF in my Glock, it was my fault. I was shooting reloads and apparently forgot to put some powder in one. Unfortunately the primer wasn't strong enough to push the bullet out the barrel. It hung about 3 inches in. We had to take a long screw driver and hammer it out. I was pretty embarrassed. It was shooting in an IPSC match at the time.