UC Undefeated

Mike.357

(disclaimer- I understand here in tn nobody thinks there is football outside of the SEC, but I have to hoot somewhere. This place is it.)

Man am I ever glad I did not go shooting today.

What a season Bearcats. I never thought in my lifetime I would see it happen. UNDEFEATED.

Down 21 in the first half, beaten, demoralized, nothing working. Then Mardy Gilyard returns a late first half kickoff for 6 points. Talk about a turn around. Second half pretty much all UC.

UC 45 Pitt 44

now if Nebraska can beat Texas, and the computers help just a bit there may be a UC team playing the SEC champ for the national title. I can still hope.

Most likely scenario, Fla/Ala loser vs. UC in the Sugar Bowl.

This day cannot get any better!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The UC Football program has come along way I always like to see good things happen to the schools not in the BCS conferences

UC is in the Big East, Big East is in the BCS.

But it is still awesome to see good things happen to teams I root for once in my life.

Now if the Bengals would ever follow suit I could die a happy man.

UC is in the Big East, Big East is in the BCS.

But it is still awesome to see good things happen to teams I root for once in my life.

Now if the Bengals would ever follow suit I could die a happy man.

This might be your year as this is the best Bengals team they have had since Palmer's Knee was taken out during that playoff game against the Steelers

UC did have a good season but they are not gonna jump my Horned Frogs in the standings. Go TCU!!!!!!!!

Thats not what I have been reading. The so called experts have UC leapfrogging TCU. Dunno? Been reading TCU vs. Boise ST in the Fiesta.

TCU did all they could do too. Won 'em all. Great year for them too.

cincy has one hell of a team that could play with anyone but it wont be enough to get them to the championship game

If Nebraska wins they still have a chance.

Anyway all they could do was win them all, and they up and did it.

The downside is almost every year going undefeated and being in a BCS conference gets you in the title game. Lots of good teams this year.

another thing I have read is if the Fla/Bama game is especially good, the winner might have to prove it by playing and beating the loser one more time.

Lots of scenarios out there.

I am all for a playoff.

I think playoff would be the way to go! If Nebraska wins it will be an all sec title game and that just ain't right for TCU or Cincy.

most definitely would not be fair to whoever wins the SEC game tonight.

So you win, you have to prove it by winning again. then if you lose the second game you lose the title? Not fair at all.

Texas will win tonight and it will all be a moot point anyway.

Ok....I'm gonna say it....Cincy's coach ADMITTED that they could NOT play an SEC schedule and be in the position that they are in...but, that they could play ONE game and give it all and have a good chance. I agree completely. Cincy is a great team.

With this being said, It would be BULLSH*t to let this team play for a national title. Their OWN coach said that they could NOT play an SEC schedule. They are not "tough" enough or "deep" enough to play a grueling schedule like ALL SEC teams play.

Again, with ALL this being said....there should DEFINITELY be a playoff type ending to the season.

Still, with a playoff, the SEC would shine....NO OTHER conference plays this kind of talent week in and week out.

Congratulations on a great season to Cincinnati. The shame is that, without a playoff system, someone is going to get boned. I actually think TCU may be the best team in the country, but even if Nebraska upsets Texas(and I think they might) they won't get a chance at the title. I think JCochran is right, even if Nebraska does win, Cincy, TCU, and Boise State will probably still get left out in the cold and we will see a rematch of the SEC championship. The only thing that will help TCU or Cincinnati is how badly Bama beat UF. Even if Cincy or TCU does get lucky and get in the big game, that will still leave two very good undefeated teams with no shot at a championship. When will they finally get rid of this BCS crap and give us a REAL champion through a playoff? I would even settle for a stinking +1 game for now.:screwy:

Look at what Boise State did to Oklahoma a few years ago and what Utah did to Alabama last year. These teams(TCU, Cincy, Boise St., etc.) can and do play teams from the larger conferences and do win. I have to agree that a playoff is the only way to ever have a "true" champion.

By the way it would be TOTAL BULL:poop: if Florida makes it to the national title game after the way they lost tonight. If Texas loses it is going to get very interesting!!

Guest Traumaslave

All the years I spent in Clifton and nothing. I move down here to "SEC"lution and off they go. I hope Nebraska beats Texas. I think Cinti has a good shot at beating Bama. Call me crazy.

And as for the Bengals, Whoooo Dayyyyyyyy goin to da bowl.!!!:screwy:

All the years I spent in Clifton and nothing. I move down here to "SEC"lution and off they go. I hope Nebraska beats Texas. I think Cinti has a good shot at beating Bama. Call me crazy.

And as for the Bengals, Whoooo Dayyyyyyyy goin to da bowl.!!!:screwy:

I did not go to UC, but rather the smaller school down on the parkway, but I did spend a lot of time in Clifton (Alexanders, Lighthouse Past Times, and Bogarts). 30 years in Cincinnati and UC was never anything more than a basketball school. We used to play flag football in Nippert Stadium, gates were always open and it was allowed. I doubt that goes on anymore.

I am really trying to not get to wound up about the Bengals, they broke my heart twice in the 80's. The lost decade will never go away until they do bring a title home. but a winning season is almost certain and I will take that!

Nebraska is doing their part so far, keeping the fingers crossed.

Guest Boomhower

But with them playing Florida in the sugar bowl, I really think their season has came to an end. But wouldn't it be sweet to see Tebow cry one more time before he leaves college!!!!