What websites you frequently check out

ZZRguy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I do hit PDO, but they have a lot of doofus posters over there and a lot of silliness about posts not being properly PC. It annoys me...

Yep, many over there have their holsters strapped on too tight... One cannot read a thread without running into some foolishness complaining about racism or sexual-orientation differences being the motive for every political/civil-rights issue under the sun, or complaining about how everyone argues too much about caliber and pistol make... like they expect hundreds of different people with strong opinions to just 'get along' without the occasional heated debate. The debates aren't even as fun anymore, since there are so many fools (doofuses) who post utter nonsense...

doo·fus pron.gif (doomacr.gifprime.giffschwa.gifs) n. pl. doo·fus·es Slang An incompetent, foolish, or stupid person.

[Perhaps blend of doof, fool (from Scots) and goofus, fool (from goof).]

hm();Sources=Sources | 2;

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

:up:

I might occasionally be a doofus, but I sure ain't PC!

molonlabetn

Mostly here and TFL. Kinda new to the internet forum thing. Mostly here though. Sometimes you gotta have your thick skin on when on TFL, I think some of those guys look for people to tear into.

Yep, many over there have their holsters strapped on too tight...

What I notice is that the posts that get labeled as "inappropriate content" generally just disagree with the moderators' viewpoints. They have some sacred cow groups that you aren't allowed to question without it being label "offensive." Some of the most sensible posts over there are labeled as offensive. And their rating system is just asinine. More of a buddy meter than a guide to who makes sense.

I'd post more, but what for? Many members don't really want sensible advice, they just want to post to be seen. So mostly I check to see if someone mentions something I might have missed.

Guest GlocKingTN
What I notice is that the posts that get labeled as "inappropriate content" generally just disagree with the moderators' viewpoints. They have some sacred cow groups that you aren't allowed to question without it being label "offensive." Some of the most sensible posts over there are labeled as offensive. And their rating system is just asinine. More of a buddy meter than a guide to who makes sense.

I'd post more, but what for? Many members don't really want sensible advice, they just want to post to be seen. So mostly I check to see if someone mentions something I might have missed.

I also know of a few web forums like this you speak of. At one in particular, www.westkyimports.com , unless you drive a $30,000 4 cylinder and live with your parents, 99% of the time -your post or threads dont even receive a reply. I have also noticed that there are just a few screen names on that forum that get replies. Usually about 10-15 names out of 200. Thats pretty sad I think. But at the same time, the oldest member is around 26-28 yrs old. The only reason for me joining is I used to be into that until , I grew up I guess! Ok, Im ranting, You get my point!

Hey DB...you're into jeeps too..so perhaps you can help me out...I want to find a snorkel kit for my 96 cherokee.

do you know anyplace online I can find one?

oh..here's my favorite places..

The Firing Line

Tennessee Gun Owners

The LawDog Files

::iLL WiLL PreSS:: HOME OF NEUROTICALLY YOURS, 4Y-RECORDS & MORE.

the last website is from a conservative/progressive squirrel with a bloodthirsty outlook on life..and yes, its a cartoon.

on has to have levity to put up with all the crap that other people spew.

:D:devil::D

Hey DB...you're into jeeps too..so perhaps you can help me out...I want to find a snorkel kit for my 96 cherokee.

do you know anyplace online I can find one?

You might check http://www.rustysoffroad.com/ or www.kevinsoffroad.com/

The jeepsunlimited XJ site and jeepin.com site can help you better with the XJ's. I have a 99 WJ (Grand Cherokee) with a 2" Budget Boost that I got from Rusty's with BFG AT's on it, I sit about 2-3 inches higher than a stock Grand (depends on options).

472049_50_full.jpg

Here's a comparison with a WJ that has Upcountry suspension, on 17's, mine is on 16" wheels.

472049_38_full.jpg

What's have you done? Any pics?

Nice jeep db!

Thanks, nothing major, just enough to be a subtle difference. Since those pictures, I have tinted the front windows to match the back windows. It's dark!

It's got around 105K on it and the V8 is as strong as ever. I have had to replace the transfer case back in the fall and still have some issues. I am either getting a binding in the drive train somewhere or my transmission is starting to slip. When I got the transfer case in they did a complete transmission service, dropping the pan and everything, so I am hoping that it might be something with the transfer case. The NP247 transfer case in Jeeps takes a friction modifier and not sure if they used that or not. But it is paid for.

Guest GlocKingTN
Thanks, nothing major, just enough to be a subtle difference. Since those pictures, I have tinted the front windows to match the back windows. It's dark!

It's got around 105K on it and the V8 is as strong as ever. I have had to replace the transfer case back in the fall and still have some issues. I am either getting a binding in the drive train somewhere or my transmission is starting to slip. When I got the transfer case in they did a complete transmission service, dropping the pan and everything, so I am hoping that it might be something with the transfer case. The NP247 transfer case in Jeeps takes a friction modifier and not sure if they used that or not. But it is paid for.

Paid for being the best part right?