ARLINGTON

redneck

SHALL WE HIRE A MONUMENT ENGRAVER TO GO TO ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY AND ADD THE MISSING WORDS ?

A MESSAGE FROM AN

APPALLED OBSERVER:

Today I went to visit the new World War II Memorial in Washington , DC . I got an unexpected history lesson. Because I'm a baby boomer,

I was one of the youngest in the crowd. Most were the age of my parents, Veterans of 'the greatest war,' with their families. It was a beautiful day, and people were smiling and happy to be there. Hundreds of us milled around the memorial, reading the inspiring words of Eisenhower and Truman that are engraved there.

On the Pacific side of the memorial, a group of us gathered to read the words President Roosevelt used to announce the attack on Pearl Harbor:

Yesterday, December 7, 1941-- a date which will live in infamy--

the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked.

One elderly woman read the words aloud:

'With confidence in our armed forces, with the abounding determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable triumph.'

But as she read, she suddenly turned angry. 'Wait a minute,' she

said, 'they left out the end of the quote. They left out the most important part. Roosevelt ended the message with 'so help us God.'

Her husband said, 'You are probably right. We're not supposed to say things like that now.'

'I know I'm right,' she insisted. 'I remember the speech.' The two

looked dismayed, shook their heads sadly and walked away.

Listening to their conversation, I thought to myself, 'Well, it has

been over 50 years; she's probably forgotten.'

But she had not forgotten.

She was right.

I went home and pulled out the book my book club is reading ---

'Flags of Our Fathers' by James Bradley. It's all about the battle at Iwo Jima .

I haven't gotten too far in the book. It's tough to read because it's a graphic description of the WWII battles in the Pacific.

But right there it was on page 58, Roosevelt 's speech to the nation ends in ' so help us God.'

The people who edited out that part of the speech when they engraved it on the memorial could have fooled me. I was born after the war! But they couldn't fool the people who were there. Roosevelt 's words are engraved on their hearts.

Now I ask:

'WHO GAVE THEM THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE WORDS OF

HISTORY?????????'

Send this around to your

friends. People need to know before everyone forgets.

People today are trying to change the history of America by leaving God out of it, but the truth

is, God has been a part of this nation, since the beginning. He still wants to be .... and He always will be!

If you agree, pass this

on and God Bless YOU!

If not, May God Forgive You!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does this surprise you? The progressives have been trying to remove the Christian God from everything they can. Many on this sight believe islam equal to Christianity, or believe in no deity at all.

This is still a nation under God, but it is fast forgetting Him.

Equality is more important than liberty. That's why we put up a Holiday Tree, Menorah, a Kwanzaa Misumaa Saba, a Festivus Pole, then went outside and chopped the heads off live goats to honor the rest of the eastern religions(pissed off the Buddhists though...). We then took all of it down and destroyed the holiday symbols to protect the beliefs of atheists among us. (Wait a second... atheism is the lack of a belief... can that be protected??)

Edited by SpartaTN
Why does this surprise you? The progressives have been trying to remove the Christian God from everything they can. Many on this sight believe islam equal to Christianity, or believe in no deity at all.

This is still a nation under God, but it is fast forgetting Him.

I believe the first amendment makes all religions equal in this country.

;)

Guest Guitarsnguns
.[/color] (Wait a second... atheism is the lack of a belief... can that be protected??)

Considering the zeal in which most athiests proclaim thier beliefs; I would have to catagorize atheism as a fundamentalist religeon on that merit. (The God of reason and science) What ever happened to freedom from persecution and the pursuit of happiness? America has fallen victim to special interests. BTW this is a christian nation that allows its citizens to worship as they see fit.

Guest mustangdave

;)

OK...OK...in the strictest sense yes they are equal...however...in this PC world we live in I reserve the right to be a religious bigot. I worship "The LORD GOD Almighty"...and Mohammed is NOT HIS Prophet. :D

;)

That is incorrect, or the polygamist sect of the Mormon church would have carte blanche to marry 14 year old girls. The 1st amendment states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

"Congress" is the mass of morons elected by the people. "Shall make no laws" means that the mass won't make any laws. "Respecting an establishment of religion" means the congress can't establish a state religion. "Or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" means Congress cannot prohibit a religion from being practiced by it's believers. Whatever falls outside this amendment, goes to the states - see amendment number 10. So, if you can quote me where in this amendment you find the authority for your statement "I believe the first amendment makes all religions equal in this country", it would be both beneficial and disturbing.

This amendment has everything to do with Congress, and nothing to do with the individual states, counties, parishes, cities, etc . . . Otherwise it would have said something like "The several states or Congress shall make no laws . . ."

I await your learned reply with rapt attention.

Edited by Semiauto
Well, actually it extends to states, aswell.

But the point is, this country was founded inpart on religious freedoms.

What part of that do you have a problem with?

Aside from the your God is better then my God argument ;)

Please quote the source of your statement that it "extends to the states".

I support religious freedoms, but I don't support 767's flying into buildings. Sharia law attempts to dominate other laws, including the Constitution. Should it?

We have gotten so far away from the Constitution, that most folks have no clue what is in it, or what it's intent was.

Are we arguing whether the 1st applies to states or if your God is better then others as I originally thought?

At any rate, it doesn't matter because it does not apply to people, only Government.

My point was, and I'll say this again here, this country was founded on religious freedoms.

As far as this comment goes:

I support religious freedoms, but I don't support 767's flying into buildings.

Nor do I. However saying all Muslims are terrorist is the same as all gun owners are criminals.

Now, if you wanna play the "holier than thou" game, then I'll hop on Google and find some stories of Christians that kill people because "God told them to".

As far as I'm concerned, we're all people. Regardless of race or creed. I will not be racist or bigoted towards anyone because they are different then me...

Are we arguing whether the 1st applies to states or if your God is better then others as I originally thought?

At any rate, it doesn't matter because it does not apply to people, only Government.

My point was, and I'll say this again here, this country was founded on religious freedoms.

As far as this comment goes:

Nor do I. However saying all Muslims are terrorist is the same as all gun owners are criminals.

Now, if you wanna play the "holier than thou" game, then I'll hop on Google and find some stories of Christians that kill people because "God told them to".

As far as I'm concerned, we're all people. Regardless of race or creed. I will not be racist or bigoted towards anyone because they are different then me...

Are all the terrorists Muslim? Are all criminals gun owners?

I wish you could form a cohesive argument. We'll just have to let this one go . . .