Child Daycare Question

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First: KellyII, thank you for your service.

Second: I have completely forgotten about Captain Caveman, thanks for bringing those memories back, I could hear his "Captain Caaaaavveeeemannnnn" yell in my head even before the youtube vid!

Third: Depends on the daycare. Above you have one arguing that is illegal due to the school thing, and others that aren't. IMO, both are right. It will depend on the daycare. If it is a stand alone (not on school/university/other off limit property), private daycare that keeps kids from infant to age before entering school (usually 4, 5, or 6), is not accredited or governed by the Board of Education then you are fine. This is like the daycare we use, they are part of a church (not the one we go to either). The "teachers" are mostly young women that are in school, with a few lifers that work there. They are absolutely for profit, trust me on this, I've written the check. They don't have any standardized testing, books, curriculum's, etc. They do teach our children a lot of things.

There are some programs out there, that are associated with schools or with Head Start which someone here works for, etc. I would guess these fall under the rules if they have an accreditation, the accreditation part is the key. I would say, most daycares are not accredited.

From what I have seen and witnessed is that most daycares are fine unless, 1. they are posted, 2. They are part of a church/school and located on school property, and 3. Located on another off limits or posted facility.

That is my limited knowledge of the daycares, I have 4 kids and have been in the daycare system for what will be 11 years in April. Yep, this April, I will have had a kid in daycare for 11 years straight! That is a lot of money my friends.

Guest jackdm3

I want to know more about the "Teen Angels!"

Back to topic, I did a summer between college semesters at Kindercare. They are simply a PRIVATE BUSINESS. I watched over the Age 5-12 group, the WORST! They called me Mr. Jack. Nobody had teaching credentials. We were caretakers and if they let me watch over their children with absolutely no experience whatsoever, what does that say? This was an expensive service, too. We never scrutinized the concealment apparel of the parents, but we did scrutinize the MILFs.

My wife works at a church run daycare. They have an off duty MPD officer as security (it's a church run day care/mother's day out).

She asked him and he said it would be fine for me to carry there. I didn't tell her to ask, for the record, she just did.

FYI

I understand it was your wife....not you...

But overall asking someone at a place if it is ok to carry there is like asking them if it is ok to call them an a$$hole. Even though it is legal, they would tell you it's not ok to do it.

The big difference is, once they have directlly communicated to you they do not want you to carry there, then you legally can't, even if they don't have a sign.

If you are unsure whether a place is off-limits by law or now, check another source other than someone at that place, or just don't carry there....but asking them is usually not a good idea.