TWRA

I don't know if anyone from the TWRA reads these pages, but if so, I'd like to thank you for a job well done. In a world where most government agencies suck, are inefficient, and are riddled with fraud, waste, and abuse, the TWRA has made good desicions with their available resources in the past, and continue to do so today.

When I was a child, seeing a deer was quite an event, let alone actually killing one. There were no turkeys. Now, there are greater hunting opportunities in Tennesse than anytime before. I hope one day to aquire one of those coveted elk tags. Who'd ever thought that would be a possibility? Keep up the good work and thanks.:P

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they do a fair job as well. I do wish they would be a bit more flexible on the weapons on the WMAs.

What they need to do is do an actual revision of the rules to update the changes they have made. The constant patchwork "updating" has created a mess on legal methods not to mention some truly stupid legal/illegal methods.

I agree with all. But I had some issues on our local WMA with hoodlums (non-hunters) racing dirt bikes and 4 -wheelers, and the officers went well out of their way to catch these fools and put an end to it. I do appreciate all they give us. I used to be a game warden and it's a job in todays world you couldn't get me to do!

Guest clutepc

That's my only complaint but I understand how hard it is to catch them,

I went to the WMA off Mt View rd. today and it's just about a mud pit from all the 4 wheelers just tearing everything up.. sad really.. it's really affecting that area.

I use to see tons of tracks from deer and turkey now nothing but 4 wheeler tracks and torn up land.

Not as bad but still a problem at the Hobson Pike and 4 Corners Marina WMA areas where they just seem to be driving trucks back in that one.

I don't mind some of the weapon restrictions because I know the areas I'm in around the lake there are a lot of Apt's and housing around.

When TWRA considered changing some of the fishing regulations last year, I called my local TWRA commisioner to expressed my concerns and recommendations. They love hearing from us and they do consider our feedback. I think the TWRA does a great job given what they have to work with and the politics involved. They have my support. Anytime I've ever been checked, they've been very polite. I've never considered them anti-sportsman in any way.

• 2 weeks later...
What they need to do is do an actual revision of the rules to update the changes they have made. The constant patchwork "updating" has created a mess on legal methods not to mention some truly stupid legal/illegal methods.

Grimel, I agree totally! We need clear, simple , and concise written rules that can be understood without having to run it by a Philadelphia lawyer. Some of the rules seem to be written more for garnering more money, than they are for "wildlife management". The centerfire...rimfire... rules needs to be simply laid out so everyone can understand them, and then left alone... not changed from year to year. Just my two cents worth.

Merry Christmas....cause I'm not politically correct!