What are these?

Guest NeuralFizz

Norinco made a copy of the Browning that was imported by Interarms for a while.

Check and see if yours is Belgium or Japan (Miroku). Averages around $150 more for the Belgium ones on the used market. That said... don't sell it. They are such neat rifles.

One of the lightest most well balanced 22's I have ever owned. I knew the day I traded it it would become a classic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NeuralFizz

Update:

So there's another piece of her collection that has emerged that I'm going to buy from her. I know it's a Marlin 336CS chambered in 30-30.SDC11145-1.jpg

The problem is, the Marlin website doesn't display a "CS" model. I've read conflicting reports that it stands for "crossbolt", or delux, or some other things. Also, as you can see, there's no checkering on the furniture. Marlin claims that's standard on all 336's, so does that mean this one was made before a certain time period? I've read around the mid 90's, but is there a way to find out for sure?

Also, because the gun would be that old, what would be a fair asking price? I've seen current model 336's new on gunbroker going for close to 400. What would this be worth?

Thanks again, you guys rock.

All you have to do is post this same thing on

marlinowners.com

in the 336 section.

I have a Marlin 30-30, but know little about the lineage of them...but can tell you that they have varied quite a bit through the years, checkering, pistol grip/straight stock, barrel band/end cap, etc etc.

The rabid fans on the forum will tell all, though, if a guru doesn't appear here. :rolleyes:

- OS

Here's some info from couple of threads on other forums:

According to the Blue Book, 336CS production began in 1984. Only in 1994 did checkering become standard.

'C' is for the deluxe models with walnut stock

'S' is for the cross bolt safety.

the s was added in the early 80's when they installed CBS, around 02/03 they dropped the s,

etc

- OS