East Tn TGO Members DECEMBER 2007 Meet

and Ben, yes bring your shotgun by all means!!

winchester 100 round boxes of 12gauge are selling for about 16.95 at wally world..perfect for target clays (which they also have)..there's a clay thrower there!

:up:

Awesome. So is this private land, or an actual range? Do I need to bring any cash for a range fee or anything like that?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I need to bring any cash for a range fee or

Outdoor range on private property, $10 range fee. Other than that bring whatever you think you need for a day on the range. Typically people bring drink and food. There is a gas grill that always gets used.

It'll be a hoot!

I've got five pairs of Czech 100% cotton gloves (Heck, my choices: Mehcanix work gloves, 1 pair $20; Czech unissued cotton glove liners, 5 pair $12.), but the fingers (especially the thumb) are a bit long. Now, the only problem I have with that is the trigger finger and thumb. Which would be easier/quicker? 1.Remove the trigger fingers on the right gloves and the thumbs. 2. Remove the tips on all the fingers, making them fingerless. 3. Take them to my grandmother (the sewing whiz) and have one pair shortened.

Phantom, how are you all set for some firewood up there? Forecast shows it is gonna a bit chilly Saturday.

I can bring a bunch of pallet wood if need be.

let me know if you want it. Might have nails in it still is the downside but they do not hurt anything in the fire pit. I burn 'em here at home.

I'm working on getting a friend to go. She's really exited.

No "going out" jokes this time, I want to see how she reacts to the meet first :wave: Don't sceer her off now, hear?

That depends on your taste. She doesn't look so bad at all in a devil costume (Halloween party last year. I still need to get my copy of that group picture...)

Guest Boomhower
Now Cody lets get to the point. Is she hot?
That depends on your taste. She doesn't look so bad at all in a devil costume (Halloween party last year. I still need to get my copy of that group picture...)

No, that depends on your taste. Most of us are married already. :wave:

Guest Phantom6
Phantom, how are you all set for some firewood up there? Forecast shows it is gonna a bit chilly Saturday.

I can bring a bunch of pallet wood if need be.

let me know if you want it. Might have nails in it still is the downside but they do not hurt anything in the fire pit. I burn 'em here at home.

Sure. Pitch a few of pallets in the back of the truck when you come. I've got some wood but a bit more wouldn't hurt. Thanks!

I've got five pairs of Czech 100% cotton gloves (Heck, my choices: Mehcanix work gloves, 1 pair $20; Czech unissued cotton glove liners, 5 pair $12.), but the fingers (especially the thumb) are a bit long. Now, the only problem I have with that is the trigger finger and thumb. Which would be easier/quicker? 1.Remove the trigger fingers on the right gloves and the thumbs. 2. Remove the tips on all the fingers, making them fingerless. 3. Take them to my grandmother (the sewing whiz) and have one pair shortened.

If your g'ma has a sewing machine she can shorten them for ya... I would do that unless you just want to toughen up the ends of your fingers.

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to make it down for the shoot...I will be somewhere in the SE, on a tower. yep..its that time again folks. on the GOOD side, I'll be working 6 weeks and home for a week instead of gone for 6 months. Julie told me I'd better get on this job, do all the paperwork right and don't screw it up or she'd beat me with the pump handle.:wave:

I hope also to see the pictures from the meet as I will be laptop capable when I go!

I don't know if Julies' going yet, will find out and get her to post...we've both been so busy running and getting ready for christmas that we barely have time to do anything.

I have a Beeman Feinwerkbau 124 with Beeman scope plus a Crossman 22 pump-up (no doubt with leaky valves) that my brother gave to me.

Also have a S&W CO2 training pistol in .177 I bought to chase off dogs raiding the garbage can, since it has a half-power setting. I guess it worked, since once I bought the gun, the dogs never came around again. :wave:

since once I bought the gun, the dogs never came around again. :D

The squirells here used to run rampant, now they shudder in fear and head to the far side of the tree when they hear the Red Ryder get cocked. If I want to take a shot at them I have to go inside to cock it. Fear the Red Ryder.

The squirells here used to run rampant, now they shudder in fear and head to the far side of the tree when they hear the Red Ryder get cocked. If I want to take a shot at them I have to go inside to cock it. Fear the Red Ryder.

You'll put your eye out with that thing. :D

Those damn squirrels....They've always managed to stay out of BB gun range. And then taunt me. But, they're learning not to taunt me...I go get the Marlin when they do.

Speaking of critter control...For fox and other little beasties who bother chickens, the .22 and the .30-30 are good, right?

Guest Boomhower
Someone want to spot me gas money? :(

I'd be a lot more likely to come if we were doing Big Ed's Pizza before the shoot....

Does Big Ed's do take out? With it getting dark as early as it is now, that's about the only way I see for us to eat Big Ed's as a group and get all of our shooting in. I think Mike's scheduled to do that ICE qual. again, clay shooting, and maybe a few other things. And will all the fireing points will be open this time? Does anyone else agree with me, or do you all think we would have enough time to do another eat and shoot?