Nashville area gun shows?

With the Smyrna venue (RK) gone, and now the Nashville Fairgrounds show (Goodman) gone, where are the gun shows? I see an RK show scheduled for the Williamson Co Ag Center in February, but that's it.

Oh, and scheduling a show for Valentine's Day weekend? Are you nuts? My girlfriend is understanding, but I'm not stupid enough to go spend a bunch of money on something other than her that weekend. :rofl:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard an ad on the radio the other day for a Goodman show this weekend in Nashville (Jan 9 & 10). Call a buddy, bring a friend.

The fairgrounds is not closed down yet. Our business was told in November by the organizers, that "Christmas Village", which is held at the fairgrounds, will be at the fairgrounds again this coming November, 2010.

Shuttering the fairgrounds and closing events that serve local people in favor of a huge convention center that will only serve periodic out of town guests that could care less about Nashville. Yep, sounds like politicians at work to me.

Guest HexHead
My girlfriend is understanding, but I'm not stupid enough to go spend a bunch of money on something other than her that weekend. :D

Just buy her a box of chocolates and call it a day. :D

Just buy her a box of chocolates and call it a day. :D

She's more the practical gift type anyway. For Christmas I put a new keyboard in her laptop (her dog broke the old one), replaced her MP3 player and her PDA. (yes, she still uses a real PDA and not a smartphone ...) She was thrilled.

Which is good since I suck at the romantic gift thing.

Tennessee Expo Center

1412 Hazelwood Drive

in the boro

The TN expo center at 1412 Hazelwood is in Smyrna, not Murfreesboro.

And the last word on that is that there will be no more gun shows at that facility. It's been sold (or leased long term, depending on who is talking).

web site is where I got the info, but you're right, Hazelwood is the old location. I saw an ad in the local paper (Lebanon) a couple of days ago for the show. Was surprised to see it knowing their old venue had been canceled.

I don't remember what the location was other than in Mboro near I-24 and it was some place with Expo in it's name. The ad made specific mention that this was the show formerly in Smyrna.

I emailed RK and there is no show this weekend, but the 16 and 17 in Murfreesboro is on.

Yes we are having a show in Murfreesboro show in Jan. 16-17, it is at an old factory building that the owners are making it into an Expo Center they are calling it the MID-TN Expo Center located at 1209 Park Ave, Exit 81 off I-24 these are the directions they gave me turn North on Church St, go to the 3rd traffic light, turn left onto Middle Tennessee Blvd, at the first light turn right, that goes right into the parking lot of the building.
Guest Drewsett
I emailed RK and there is no show this weekend, but the 16 and 17 in Murfreesboro is on.

It sounds like it's back next to the old Warnaco plant, behind the Int'l Paper plant and across the street from the old Samsonite plant.