Southern Hills Medical Center

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
Anyone know if Southern Hills Medical Center is posted or not? Have a friend in hospital I would like to visit.

It's a Tri-Star Health policy. All hospitals in that family.

Friends don't let friends get treated at Southern Hills

It was a good, not great, hospital when I worked there in '01, but word is that the place has gone downhill along with the surrounding area.

They had to shut down the labor and delivery wing due to massive losses due from delivering anchor babies (I heard, can't verify, so take with a grain or six of salt).

I'm in and out of the Dr,'s buildings at Southern Hills a lot and they are not posted. I'm going there today. The last time that I was there in the hospital building it was not posted.

I also have to take my wife to Stone Crest this morning and it is posted.

I had a call a few weeks back that was doing a survey about Southern Hills. They were considering changing the name to Centennial at Southern Hills, I guess to try to benefit from the reputation that Centennial Hospital has.

Edited by Volzfan
Guest HexHead
I'm in and out of the Dr,'s buildings at Southern Hills a lot and they are not posted. I'm going there today. The last time that I was there in the hospital building it was not posted.

I also have to take my wife to Stone Crest this morning and it is posted.

I had a call a few weeks back that was doing a survey about Southern Hills. They were considering changing the name to Centennial at Southern Hills, I guess to try to benefit from the reputation that Centennial Hospital has.

I wouldn't go to Centennial either. That said, I just got out of St Thomas yesterday.

Guest mustangdave

I've done a few OUT PATIENT procedures at Southern Hills...and my primary care Doc is in building "A"...and my Oncologist is in building "C"...even been treated in the ER...I got nothing bad to say about the place...but then I've been treated in places like Balboa Naval Hospital and Portsmouth Naval Hospital too.

I've done a few OUT PATIENT procedures at Southern Hills...and my primary care Doc is in building "A"...and my Oncologist is in building "C"...even been treated in the ER...I got nothing bad to say about the place...but then I've been treated in places like Balboa Naval Hospital and Portsmouth Naval Hospital too.

The sister of my son's best friend went to the emergency room with abdominal pain. They sent her home unable to detmine the problem. She returned when it got worse, and they sent her home again. She died that night from an infection that had rapidly spread. Among other things, and increased WBC on a simple blood draw would have told the story.

But, you have to be willing to listen to the story to begin with.

The sister of my son's best friend went to the emergency room with abdominal pain. They sent her home unable to determine the problem. She returned when it got worse, and they sent her home again. She died that night from an infection that had rapidly spread. Among other things, and increased WBC on a simple blood draw would have told the story.

But, you have to be willing to listen to the story to begin with.

I'm sorry to hear that but I would guess that all hospitals will have stories like that from time to time. You can name just about any hospital and someone will have a horror story about it.

The thing to do is try to keep up with which one has the fewest and trust your life with them. I don't completely trust any of them but stories like this really make you wonder how they can ever do anything right.

I knew a guy whose son bleed to death in the OR in Lebanon having his appendix removed. That was back in the mid 80's.