henry 22

my82cam

does anybody know anything about the henry 22 lever action rifle? been thinking about getting one to plink around with but would like to make sure they get a good review from my fellow friends on tgo before i look for a good deal on one. thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbor has one of the Henry lever actions and it is very accurate. The action is smooth and very impressive. I have this on my wish list.

When pricing the rifles, make sure you check the overall length of the rifle. There is a youth version that is a couple inches shorter and cheaper than the normal size rifle.

His rifle has the round barrel which is lighter than the octogonal barrel version. Out of the box, the groupings were about at 1/2" at 25 yards with iron sites.

Michael

Have one and it is great. Very accurate and reliable. Lever action in it is smooth as butter. Stripping for cleaning is a piece of cake as is re-assembly.

Unless you plan on shooting in cold weather with wearing gloves avoid the large loop lever. It looks cool but is not an advantage or anything. The regular lever is easier to use.

Guest tnmale46
I have the octagon barreled H001t. It is an awesome little rifle. Very slick action and great accuracy. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
i have one of those they are great

I bought the standard H001. It came with a plastic front sight and plastic barrel band. I called Henry and ordered the metal replacement parts. They are painted metal, much like the receiver and didn't cost much, less than 20.00 IIRC.

Then I replaced the rear buckhorn sight with a Williams of similar style. It was a fun gun with open sights, but I eventually put a scope on it. I bought an older Weaver D4 off ebay for the little Henry. It fits the small gun perfectly. This is my favorite squirrel gun and my daughter loves to shoot it at the range.

The octagon barrel model has a dovetailed front sight that is nicer than the standard models.

I am very happy with mine. It has a permanent spot at my house.