Another California/Yankee Refugee

Guest Brassfountain

Guest Brassfountain

Hey all,

Just moved to Franklin 7 weeks ago from Southern California where I was born and lived for 56 years. Followed the kids and grand kids here. I took early retirement from Northrop Grumman ( formerly T.R.W. ) to make the move but will eventually have to start working again in a few months. Trying to enjoy the time off while remodeling the inside of the house we just bought. Don't have a carry permit yet but do plan to get one along with my son. Funny thing how all my so-called illegal firearms are now legal here. Got to love Tennessee. My wife and I are happy to be here and are adjusting well to the surroundings and the people. Y'all are crazy friendly and I enjoy hearing everyone's life story within the first 5 minutes of meeting them ;>) Back home if someone is that friendly they either want to sell you something or they want something from you. Nice change of pace. Looking forward to slowing down a bit. It's also nice to have Gov't representatives who actually represent me. Can't think of the last time that happened back in So. Cal. It's was tough being a conservative there. As to firearms my current inventory is:

H&K USP .40

L.A.R. Grizzly .45 mag

StarFire 9mm

S&W Stainless 2" 38 sp

S&W Model 19 4" .357 mag

Beretta .25

Ruger target 22

Ruger 10/22

Remington 512T 22

Remington 11/87 police model stainless

L1A1 .308

M1 Garand 30.06

Sold before I left CA:

Remington 870 Wingmaster 2 3/4"

S&W 686 .357 stainless 8 3/8"

Looking forward to spending time on this site.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brassfountain
You have a Garand! I have always wanted to shoot a Garand. The rifle that won WWII and saved the world from Nazi tyranny and Japanese expansionism. Do you have a bayonet with that?

Yes I do. It's a lot of fun to shoot. A real attention getter. Makes a lot of noise and really tears things up :>)

Guest Brassfountain
Welcome from Nolensville I am also a refugee from the Oceanside area

I was just there a few days ago looking for Martin's BBQ joint. Ended up being the first customers for Uncle Buds Fish Shack that took over Martin's old location. I see they've moved up the street so will have to wait for their new place to open.

Guest Brassfountain
welcome. nice resume of hardware.

Thanks, I've been working on it for a while. I use to have a Remington 511T. The 512T was my sister's.

Guest Drewsett
I was just there a few days ago looking for Martin's BBQ joint. Ended up being the first customers for Uncle Buds Fish Shack that took over Martin's old location. I see they've moved up the street so will have to wait for their new place to open.

I was at the opening of Uncle Bud's on the 13th heh! Went in around 530 or so. Maybe I saw you there? Anywho welcome!

Guest Brassfountain
Welcome to Free America (well, comparatively speaking) and Californians aren't Yankees.

To quote Robert Duvall, "they ain't nothin'" :devil::D:D

Hmmm....explains why I never liked him :>O